X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yukkuricraft Game Server Poll

So as you guys might know, we just recently finished upgrading our hardware for various improvements. That said, I'll now be able to host a game server that's not minecraft on the side for some fun. I'm creating this poll to gauge the interest in certain games as well as find out waht you guys want to see.

For now, I've included in the poll some games that we've done in the past or those that I believe might be of interest. Tell me what you guys think, vote and give any suggestions for other games that you guys might want to play!
    FTB
    41.67%
    GMod (For all those gamemodes)
    13.89%
    StarBound
    16.67%
    Terraria
    8.33%
    TF2 (For some customizability)
    19.44%
    CubeWorld
    0.00%

If only BF3 and BF4 allowed for individual dedicated servers...

Comment

So true.

Comment

Well, we CAN run our own BF3 server...
        but... OH GOD PARTY VAN AT MY DOOR

Anyways, I would vote for GMod but I don't even own the game xD

Can we throw in CubeWorld?
        Last edited by Tenko; 05-15-2014, 08:27 PM.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

don't know much about CubeWorld, but I'm sure I could. Anything that has a *nix runnable server, I can host.

Comment

just a couple of thoughts on the available games (some personal thoughts, some overall thoughts):

FTB: personally i'd love to see an FTB server with the same kind of plugins similar to the YC server and maybe a few different mods to compliment it. OR you could go apeshit as hell and intergrate YC itself with FTB and cause all kinds of hell

Gmod: TTT master race, nuff said

Starbound: sounds like a lot of fun but would require moderation powers to prevent major conflicts

Terraria: This sounds like a terrible idea unless we refresh the map every month or so since the worlds are so small and it's easy to fuck them up with end-game items. Plus there's a mod which edits the world and is capable of giving items that are rare as shit to people. tl;dr: not the best idea unless we use heavy moderation or come down to a mutual agreement

Hat Fortress 2: HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Cubeworld: someone explain cubeworld to me, i have no clue what this is

Comment

If we do FTB, it'd be a private side-server only for members of the community (Well, basically we just don't tell people about it except on the forums) It'd be similar to what we've done in the past where it'd just be a small server running FTB for the sake of playing FTB (as opposed to making Gensokyo in FTB) Also note that these side-servers aren't permanent - they're subject to wipes and being replaced with other servers so these are more "temporary fun servers" in a way.

Gmod, I've really been wanting to play prop hunt lol

Starbound, probably the same as it was the last time we put it up.

Terraria, that's the only issue I see. People can bring in OP characters from their old accounts and stuff. Also, I believe if we make the map the largest available it'd be sizeable enough. This would probably require some more moderation than others like you say, though.

Hat Fortress, all the modded gamerules (low gravity spy-only match, anyone?)

Cubeworld, I have not a clue.

Comment

TOUHOU HALE GOGOGO
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

From what I remember, TShoch allows for server side characters in Terraria. Might want to see if it could work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

TShock? If it's the case it doesn't support linux. (It "supports" linux in that they tell you to run it in a wrapper which doesn't work)

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNerifes View Post
                      FTB: personally i'd love to see an FTB server with the same kind of plugins similar to the YC server and maybe a few different mods to compliment it. OR you could go apeshit as hell and intergrate YC itself with FTB and cause all kinds of hell
                      FTB uses Forge. YC is using Bukkit. The plugins aren't compatible unless you bother trying to figure out BukkitForge which is like trying to turn a Ford Ranger into a Mustang. It's possible....I guess....but I wouldn't really say it is.

Comment

@Miku
                        We are not making FTB our main server. We are just hosting it as a side-server. Due to the RAM and mobo upgrades, the Yukkuricraft server can host multiple servers with little problem. We making a poll to see what OTHER server we want to host aside from the main Yukkuricraft.

Forge - Bukkit conflicts do not matter when they are going to be hosted separately (but still on the same machine).
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I just want to post a little opinion here~

Terraria is boring. And if not, it will be once a character has reached top lvl equipment.

Compared, starbound is a better candidate because it has all the good things terraria lack.

- infinite exploring
                          - will never see the same thing
                          - the game itself is new
                          - it will take a LONG time for starbound to be boring
                          (except when Tiy launches a character wiping update)

But again, it's just my opinion.
                          Would also be interesting with a TF2 or BF34 server

Tapatalk~
                          You know, if you know me.
                          The sun, the world, the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                            @Miku
                            We are not making FTB our main server. We are just hosting it as a side-server. Due to the RAM and mobo upgrades, the Yukkuricraft server can host multiple servers with little problem. We making a poll to see what OTHER server we want to host aside from the main Yukkuricraft.

Forge - Bukkit conflicts do not matter when they are going to be hosted separately (but still on the same machine).
                            lol I was referring to this:

Originally posted by PhantomNerifes View Post
                            FTB: personally i'd love to see an FTB server with the same kind of plugins similar to the YC server and maybe a few different mods to compliment it.....

Comment

@Shift
                              While I personally do love Terraria, I do have to agree. The progression curve is a bizarre one (Post WoF is impossible without the right gear). Some areas are slow as balls while others go in zany directions. And not in the good, chaotic way.
                              Furthermore, it can get boring quickly when you (or other players) have good enough gear.

Starbound on the other is rather good in its progression (from what I've heard) and can be very fun with friends. I do have a copy but I've barely progressed in it because it isn't too good solo. There are some which are fine solo but Starbound is not one of them.

I personally would love either a Starbound, FTB, or TF2 server. Custom maps and gamemodes! \o/

@Miku
                              Didn't realise about that... Serves me jumping the gun...
                              About Forge-Bukkit and mods, it can work. Some plugins do work fine with mods. But it can be a very hazy area... Bugs that are outside anyone's control... Use Forge-Bukkit with caution.
                              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Working...
                              X