Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in Getting Your Own Physical Gensokyo?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But oh man, keychains of gensokyo buildings would be cool~ like a keychain of hakurei shrine or the sdm xD
    Meow.

Comment

Interest in Getting Your Own Physical Gensokyo?

If you want detail, you'd probably get more of individual builds. 3D printing can get accurate to the millimeters so accuracy and fidelity will vary based on size of model. If you want a 2"x2" you'll basically be compressing genso into a 500x500 grid. Get a 1'x1' and you'll theoretically be able to actually fit every block on Genso's surface in the thing.

Snow, based on popularity and demand i might actually sell some as both a service and a way to help cover some costs. We might have to upgrade our webhost plan because our current one is getting a bit too small for our size. If that happens, that's more money I have to throw into keeping shit running lol

Edit: since it seems like we have more interest and tentative interest than flat out "no"'s, I might try print myself a mini SDM and see how that looks and feels and post stuff if I do do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 06-30-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Do keep in mind the jews of mojang though ;P

I know its a stretch, but still this is talking about making merchandise via minecraft.
        They have shot down a lot of projects and goods in the past before.
        Meow.

Comment

Merchandise of minecraft literally exist everywhere lol. The only things I know of them taking down are multi-million dollar projects

Comment

This wouldn't be affected by that, we are not selling a peice of the game. We are selling plastic models of buildings designed in Minecraft. suing us would be way overstepping the bounds of what can actually be considered theirs.

And please refrain from bashing on Mojang for the whole EULA thing, they aren't the evil money grabbers some people are making them out to be.
            Last edited by Shimitty; 07-01-2014, 12:14 AM.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Since we're already at marketing.
              Wanna consider selling some at a possible Ohayocon panel?

Smoke Weed Everyday

Comment

Can I haz a part of old survival?

Comment

Ohayocon panel item~ I thought of that too. Would be a hit!

But yeah, as for the mojang thing, I was just wondering because remember when RocketJump studios tried to make their film "Birth of Man" through kickstarter, mojang found out and were like Hohoho! Not so fast! When did we say you can make money something related to minecraft!!

But thats like assuming the items would catch some spotlight, and we would make over 1000 dollars worth ;P
                  Meow.

Comment

Birth of man got well over a million dollars. Sort of a different scale, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Besides, we are technically not making minecraft murchandise, but touhou murchandise. In concept it shouldn't be any different than selling an object designed in an CAD program (which would be interesting to do for Gensokyo builds).

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
                        Besides, we are technically not making Minecraft merchandise, but Touhou merchandise.
                        Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Mojang doesn't own Touhou.
                        w-what is this autism aura??
                        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
                          Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Mojang doesn't own Touhou.
                          >notchcode in touhou
                          rip in peace.

anyways, nice percentages. 22.22, 33.33, 44.44
                          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

I would want one, but would have absolutely nowhere to put it.

Comment

Working...
                            X