Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Meeting. Plants and landscaping.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Meeting. Plants and landscaping.

January 10th, 6:30PM EST a meeing will be held on mumble for anyone who wishes to help creating Gensokyo 3.0 The idea for this map is to make it more dynamic with a better landscape. The meeting is to talk about anything from hand made trees to lakes, hills and valleys, anything that looks pretty to fill in the gaps of nothing between builds.

After that it's pretty simple. Post anything you build on the forums or show it to a builder and have them approve of it. Once we have an acceptable map we can move on to more fun builds like the human village and the SDM.

Please note that anyone regardless of rank may attend this meeting. Please be respectful and try to stay on topic. If you have any ideas or if you want to attend but feel you won't be able to, post them here.

I probably will attend, though if I show up late, it's because I was eating dinner ^^; ( or if I have to leave, it's dinner time @@ )

Comment

Now I have a map that has a Gensokyo that could be ready, but I'm going to write down a list of what it has/ what it doesn't/ what's not really good.
      Good about it:
      -Is a large good sized map
      -Has a base of a mountain range around it
      -Has a base for a Sanzu river
      -Has biomes set for marking of locations like Forest of Magic, Youkai forest, and Bamboo forest.
      -Has a good base of a hill for the Hakurei Shrine connecting to the Eastern part of the mountains
      -Has basic hills and such that were kinda judged in relative positioning of our miniature map.

Cons and such:
      -Mountain range looks not at all like mountains, would require a lot of editing to fix up.
      -No features like trees or rocks or lakes, which is what a bit of this meeting can be about.
      sigpic

Comment

@Redleaf

Did you use World Machine or hightmap from google earth for the mountains. I told you about them some time ago, but I don't know if you remember it or not. If you need help with that part I'd be glad to help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

I do remember world machine, but I haven't gotten around to making a map based on using that, only the one I have before it.
          sigpic

Comment

-snip-
            Last edited by Bebatch; 02-16-2015, 04:01 AM.
            So with sadness in my heart
            I feel the best thing I could do
            is end it all and leave forever
            whats done is done, it feels so bad
            what once was happy now is sad
            I'll never love again
            my world is ending

Comment

If I ever get around to doing so with those programs, I think I'm fine on my own. I've found tutorials that can help me if I need anything.
              sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder the meeting will be today. prep your anuses.

Comment

Regretfully I probably won't be able to be there in any form. If I can it will be on mumble on my phone. It would be nice if it could be either recorded or if notes were taken.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

<= is on a train for the next 8 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully the train has wifi like that one time :^)
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

It does. *points to amtrak has wifi room*

Except it's absolute shit and hard to do anything with voice with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@shimi: i'll record it for you so no worries.

Comment

I suppose I mentioned this once in the meeting but whatever.
                            My thought is that we put clusters of trees in some open areas

Comment

That's one of the maps we used when building genso 2 lol. We probably should include more trees in general, though

Comment

Working...
                              X