Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YukkuriCraft 3rd Anniversary! (Anniversary Event)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YukkuriCraft 3rd Anniversary! (Anniversary Event)

Hello, fellow Yukkuris! It's the 3rd YukkuriCraft Anniversary, and the community staff wanted to give you something to thank you all for having fun with us and sticking around for this long, so we pitched in and created (you guessed it) A YC cake!

there's just one tiny problem...

SOMEONE HID THE CAKE IN GENSOKYO!

This wouldn't be a problem because normally you could fly to get wherever. the big problem is that due to a rift in the gaps flying is disabled and you need to find the portal to the cake to have a slice. Get out there and show the baddies whose boss for stealing a delicious cake!!

This event will be similar to the Halloween event to a degree.
    minor changes:
    1. since the location of the cake is not revealed, there will be no barriers to block your progress. however this will make the search much more difficult.
    2. There will be no monster spawns. this is because of the mass amount of ground you will need to cover to get to the portal that leads to the boss.
    3. The boss has been programmed to have TWO forms, based on how many people wish to participate. the minimum needed to fight the boss would be recommended to be 5 people, however if you manage to bring roughly 15+ people the boss will switch to its second form. this will result in a better loot drop provided you manage to kill the boss.
    4. Armor will not be limited to the human village/SDM like in the halloween event, but this also means the better armor will be harder to find. make sure to share armor with your comrades.
    5. Stick together, but also divide and conquer. this will make it easier to find the portal to the boss.

Rules of the Event:
    1. A headcount will be taken before the event begins, and before the boss. this is to make sure everyone participating in the event is present before the boss is released.
    2. Recommended player count before fighting the boss will be required to be 4. nobody likes showoffs plus the boss has been programmed to hit hard.
    3. Low-Tier armor will be provided to those who do not find armor, however it is recommended to look for armor and decent weapons to take on the boss as the boss will slowly regenerate (given enough time to breathe) and can easily kill unarmored players.
    4. No entry to underground areas unless the hint given indicates so. it just makes it easier for players to not get stuck.

The reward for this event will not only be cake but an increased amount of Kagome bills, and more will be presented if the "raid" boss is summoned instead of the normal boss. the times this event will take place will be November 22nd to November 28th, from 3pm to Midnight, Central Times. This is more of a guideline of when the event can begin, but depending on certain conditions the event might take place at anytime during these days. due to the random generation of the cake location, the map will be closed down for roughly an hour after completion of the event AKA killing the boss.

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!

ONE MOAR TING:

we will give out a minor hint at the beginning of each session to give players a general sense of where to look.

Comment

>no restrictions on where to go

TIME TO BUNNY HOP ACROSS GENSOKYO
      w-what is this autism aura??
      if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
      our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

HOW TO GET TO NETHERWORLD AND MAKAI AND HEAVEN?

Comment

Those areas won't be open for the reason that the portal is hidden in the overworld. the underground areas of the overworld will be open occasionally assuming we feel like opening it, but if the underground is indicated to be open then the portal will be piss easy to find down there.

Comment

UPDATE

Due to a few setbacks, the days will consist of the 24th to the 29th to accomodate for people who might be in other timezones and to accomodate those who might be doing stuff during the holidays, but rest assured the hunt event is still going on, alongside another possible event that i might have forgotten to mention.

(something fucked up big time and we lost the cake, had to bake another cake >.< )

Comment

UPDATE AGAIN

since we're using a modified copy of Gensokyo, I wanted to make it clear:

1. beware lag in some spots of the map. turns out some things fucked up once again and the trees follow normal world rules as in they decay if there's no wood within a certain area of them. (firespread is off though as it should be) this is until we get an admin to fix it (which should have happened)
              2. there are some chests that contain items not part of the event, Leave them be or report it to an available moderator.
              2.1. Remi's Lovestick. I catch any person using a lovestick during the event will be banned from the server for the remainder of the event (or roughly a week, depending), UNLESS you notify a moderator/admin/me about the lovestick and hand it over. handing over the lovestick (if you so find a real lovestick) will result in the person being rewarded an item for the normal survival.
              3. Don't travel out too far from the main area of Gensokyo. that's way too much damn land to be covering, and frankly i am too lazy to actually put shit on the very edge of gensokyo. the only thing really on the fringe of the map is the cake area, but that is blocked off well and not worth entering until you find the portal.

alongside this news, the items presented in the event to fight the boss:
              Mages's Armor + Mage's sword (gold items, high durability, lots of enchantments, low defense, will be targeted slightly more than other players)
              Scout's Armor + Coward's Sword (decent armor, high durability, decent enchantments, will be targeted slightly less than other players)
              Soldier's Armor + Soldier's Sword (Medium armor, high durability, decent enchantments, lower knockback on sword than coward's)
              Tank's Armor + Warrior's Sword (high armor, high enchants, no knockback on sword, high durability, will be targeted much more than other players)
              Lazy Man + "sword"(common armor, no enchantments, no buffs, provided at boss area to those who don't have armor hence the name, sword is basically useless)
              Hero's Armor + "real Knife"(1 set only, high defense and durability, big ass enchantments, hard to find, armor pieces are scattered, players wearing this will be targeted first)
              Legendary Armor(Pair of pants, extremely OP, nearly impossible to obtain but found easily)(like seriously you'll know when you see it.)
              Med-Kits & Team Potions(golden apples and thrown potions to help your team fight)
              War Axes(Berserker's Axe and "Iron" Axe) (Alternatives to swords, relatively uncommon but not unheard of. "Iron" Axes are rarer than Berserker's Axes, along the same tier as Warrior's swords)

Tl;dr don't use OP contraband and keep your eyes peeled for that sweet ass loot.
              Unless you want a bad time, of course...
              Last edited by PhantomNerifes; 11-24-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNerifes View Post
                Unless you want a bad time, of course...
                Ok first target to kill is phantom.

Comment

Originally posted by kuraiko View Post
                  Ok first target to kill is phantom.
                  shhhhhhhhh, don't spoil the secret....

but in all honesty, the boss is actually Me, and whoever was witness to the chaos leave some feedback so i can further make the event fun. this event is meant to evolve around the feedback of players who participate and will become easier/tougher based on how the players and I see the difficulty of things.

Comment

The event was fun as a test run, but there is extreme room for improvement.

During the starting period where you gather gear, there was a lack of gear as a whole. Armor and weapons were burned up quickly and by the time the boss was dead, there was little left. On top of that, the gear itself is very under-powered, even Mage and Hero sets weren't that useful.

If I were to suggest how to improve the gear, I'd say it's either quality or quantity. Either make the gear really good or put like 3x-5x more stuff in the world so that there's not as many empty or useless chests. If you don't feel like flooding it with 600 pieces of lazy man armor, do more potions and more potion types.

The boss in itself was fun, though TNT damage needs to be enabled and there should be a bit more variety. After you see all of the attacks, it's too predictable. The boss having 1,000 health isn't bad, but regeneration is whenever you regenerate faster than people can hit unless you get cornered. To compensate for the regeneration, either enable hunger in that world and don't eat anything except every now and then so you can continue running or don't run, only walk.

An alternative to having that much health could be to get an admin to make an absorption potion rather than using health-increasing gear so that you don't regenerate at all, therefore leaving hunger off. If whatever admin you ask doesn't know how to make custom potions, I do.

TL;DR or to clarify the everything:

*Increase quality of the gear -OR- increase quantity of the gear. Everything was under-powered and there was a huge lack of it in the world.
                    *More potions and potion-types [Resistance, Strength, etc.]
                    *TNT enabled so that half of the attacks aren't useless.
                    *More special attacks/phases/waves/whatever during the boss to add variety.
                    *To compensate for boss health-regen, either enable hunger in the world, don't run, or use an extreme Absorption potion.

Give some of those a swing and we'll see if the event gets any better.
                    w-what is this autism aura??
                    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Sadly I can't participate because of school stuffs. We got school on thanksgiving too because of the strike.

Comment

if i make the quality better on the armor/weapons, the regen will probably stay as is to allow for the boss to stay alive and i'll need to rehide everything again, which shouldn't take too long. while doing so i'll think of some ideas to make the boss a little tougher in regards of different attacks. the only thing i have no control over is the damage for the curtain and the octagons, that you'll need to spam remi's inbox to activate entity damage from tnt so those are actually dangerous.

but i'll use that info (and some notes i took while the boss was being wailed on last night) to make things tougher/easier.

Comment

Tonight's event went very well, however i noticed some issues from it:
                          1. commands kept breaking and such (we'll look into it for the final event thing)
                          2. health for the boss had been nerfed enough during the fight since weapons are now good (i actually had a few issues with health because of being rekt)
                          3. we're not doing the boss targeting another player via flag on the head (that royally pissed some people off, but helped other players target the boss, just not the boss targeting somone else for distraction)

We'll look into it and figure out one more event for tomorrow after we fix a few things. (Sorry spaz, thought you were someone else ;^

Comment

Working...
                          X