Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Books and Getting Books!

Books books books!

As per MajorMario's suggestion, I've added the functionality to save and grab books!

In order to save books, you'll have to talk to Remi who will save the books. These books should be actual works and not random text. Take a look at the books currently in the list to see what they should be like!

In order to get books, you'll want to use some commands. Read on!

/books - get a list of books
    /book list - same as above
    /booklist - same as above
    /book get <bookname> - By typing in a bookname you get from the book list, you can receive that book!
    /book grab <bookname> - Same as above

Have I told you that I love you? No? I love you. Console-tan cannot provide.

Comment

Uh oh, console-tan might ban me again...

Comment

Wow, Major mario, I read your poetry and I LOVE IT. Especially your doppleganger one. Please keep writing!

Comment

Oh jeez, I just realized this thread. I might have to actually do this as I enjoy writing.

Comment

Please do.

Comment

:3

-short message-

Comment

Originally posted by e1o2gamma View Post
                Wow, Major mario, I read your poetry and I LOVE IT. Especially your doppleganger one. Please keep writing!
                W-weawy? Gosh, thanks gamma. You just brightened up my morning.

Comment

Is it ok to sign the book before I give it over to Remi? Or should it stay unsigned?

Comment

Signed. Make it like you would a normal book. I'm actually not sure if it'll wok with an unsigned book anyway, lol

Comment

Can you make it so the author of a saved book can delete the book from the lineup? This is just for editing purposes.

Comment

Just found one little problem: Some villagers can buy written books with emeralds. As far as I checked, there is no limit to how much books you can check out, potentially creating an infinite resource if a player finds a villager that buys books.

Comment

Major, I'll look into it.

Krit, I'll look into that as well.

Comment

you can't get infinite emeralds from a villager for any item, eventually it won't let you sell/buy that item after a certain number of uses

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Yeah, but it would unlock as long as you do the last trade option in their list once, although there is a chance the written book trade would be overwritten.

Comment

Working...
                              X