X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if anyone's wondering about money stuffs

Most of you probably don't even know about this, which is better, but I've recently added a few ways for me to generate money from Yukkuricraft. Namely, ads on the youtube video and a donation option on the forums. (Better that you guys didn't notice because I really hate monetary things getting in the way of the average player. Eg, ads on the forums which I will absolutely not do.)(Donate button's up in the navbar in green, btw <3)

As per the policy for Yukkuricraft, I'm going to lay out my plans on what to do with the money. (I'm not keeping any of it to myself, mind you.)

First off, server upgrades. This is major. We all know what happens when the server backs up. Server usually groans and grumbles, and occasionally goes pechuuuuuu.

List of planned upgrades in order of importance:
      • SSD for the main server.
      • - This is major because the main reason the server goes boom whenever there's a backup is due to the extreme I/O speeds to the disk. Remember, since it's backing up it reads and writes at the same time and we only have a normal HDD. Moving the main server (worlds + plugins) to an SSD would increase I/O speeds by a lot and if we use the HDD for backups, it'll only use read speeds on the SSD, thereby alleviating stress AND getting better speeds overall.
      • New mother board.
      • Our current mobo only supports up to 8gb since when Alex(owner) and I bought the server, we never imagined it'd be used for anything more than a couple of friends playing together and the occasional misc game hosting. Right now, we're using every bit of RAM we can and sometimes it's still not enough. Buying a new mobo that supports more RAM and additional RAM to go with it would be great for better performance.
      • Better processor.
      • This isn't too high a priority on my list because our processor isn't groaning under stress (too much). It would definitely help in the long run, though, because we currently have a quad core but the load average is probably somewhere between 6-8. If we could get ourselves a sextuple, or hell, an octo, that would show some amazing results.

However, aside from server upgrades, I've also been considering something else.

Secondly, with the addition of NPCs, some characters are hard to find. I'll explain.

In order for NPCs to work without any client-side modding, what we need to do is find a real minecraft player's name that also uses the character's skin. You'll notice how some of the NPCs have unusual names but do sort of resemble the character itself. This is, again, because we need to find real players who have that specific character's skin. That being said, there are some characters that we simple cannot find the skins of. If we were to generate enough money, we could buy some of those accounts for the purpose of filling in said character.

Remember, we're trying to go all the way with the whole "Gensokyo Experience" thing.

Basically, those are the two major things we'd like to get out of any money we make. I'll be honest. We're not going to be making enough money to pay for ALL the upgrades or even close to it. Alex and I will definitely be paying out of our own pockets, but what help we can get monetarily, it really means a lot. Remember too that we're both students without jobs right now. (*Can't* get jobs for the most part due to scheduling/school/etc)(Though we're working on it.)

And so yeah. That's about it.

I think I could donate at least 60$ at the middle and ends of each year(July-August, October and December) and still have enough money to go to Otakon Baltimore. Other than that I'd love to help with general maintenance, like cleaning things up, if I get back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemouregal View Post
      I think I could donate at least 60$ at the middle and ends of each year(July-August, October and December) and still have enough money to go to Otakon Baltimore. Other than that I'd love to help with general maintenance, like cleaning things up, if I get back on.
      Just remember that if you are still banned, donating wont get you unbanned. (at least i really hope people never get unbanned by paying)
      And you are still on pretty thin ice, being banned multiple times and have been on probation
      "Shut your talk-hole, bookah. Every time you open it, you drip stupid all over my floor."

Comment

Thirdly, you cannot bribe your way into an unbanning. If you are banned, donating will in no way get you closer to becoming unbanned. Attempting to bribe will just tighten the grip on the chains. You can donate all you want, but you won't be directly benefiting from it!
        Last edited by Keychain; 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

If i ever get any money i'll donate

Comment

I'm. Not. Trying to bribe. I'm being nice and hoping that it will happen. Just... stop beating on me please for things I've done. What you know me as and what I want to and can be are two different things. It really hurts my feelings that you doubt me like that, as if saying that I should stay the same. I don't and want to ever again be like I was before, okay? I'm trying to change, so can you please just support my change, and not get what has been in the way? Please?

Comment

Guys, back off on Zemo. Zemo, shut your trap please.

As people have said, donating certainly will NOT get you closer to an unban. That is all. Let's move onto nicer topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                (Better that you guys didn't notice because I really hate monetary things getting in the way of the average player. Eg, ads on the forums which I will absolutely not do.)(Donate button's up in the navbar in green, btw <3)
                It wouldn't help at all with the ads. 90% of the internet probably uses ad-blockers now.

Which SSD's or Mobo's are you looking at?
                My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

PC-98

.w.

Comment

Not looking at any specific right now but Alex knows plenty about hardware so I trust him with whatever he chooses. As for ads, I've been getting ~$2 a day from video ads since enabling it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                      It wouldn't help at all with the ads. 90% of the internet probably uses ad-blockers now.
                      If ads didn't make a difference then no one would be using them. :P

More people don't use adblock than you think!

Comment

I actually was too lazy to install it until around half a year ago, lol

Comment

Working...
                        X