Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next a new Motherboard

Comment

Remember not to go overboard with these upgrades, we don't want you bankrupting yourself and then having to close the server down.

Comment

Yeah don't go bankrupt isn't worth the extra pieces

Comment

Motherboard will wait for a bit either way xD

Comment

You should be like those 12 year olds who bought their own server and buy an Nvidia/ATI graphics card because it "supposedly renders things faster"
            My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
            Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

...and that's why we don't want 12 year old server admins

Comment

Originally posted by tenko View Post
                you should be like those 12 year olds who bought their own server and buy an nvidia/ati graphics card because it "supposedly renders things faster"
                lol .

Comment

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I love when kids try to run a server xDDDD it is always fun for me (I also own a home business where I go to your home and fix your PC or you drop it off and we accept Visa and MasterCard but I remember I got a job like this they were telling me..."I want to make my server run faster so can we add more ram i got 16 GB and people still complain about lag" i took a look at it the machine was fine but it was running off of wireless and the router had it in the settings that the server had lowest priority and well they were illegally torrenting 70 GB worth of stuff with high priority so that saw causing the error....

Comment

Yeeep. That's why I hate 90% of admins. Don't friggin know wtf they're doing

Comment

oh I have a question how much is the mb you are looking to get?

Comment

Alex?

:not the hardware guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                          buy an Nvidia/ATI graphics card because it "supposedly renders things faster"
                          BLASPHEMY! Integrated graphics are obviously the better choice.

Comment

I am guessing that Alex doesn't go on the forum much....

Comment

You are 100% correct. Remi or I can direct any questions you have to him if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by RinKaenbyou View Post
                                oh I have a question how much is the mb you are looking to get?
                                We don't have a specific one in mind. There are a lot of decisions to be made with the motherboard. Are we sticking to AMD? Are we planning on upgrading the processor (new socket type)? Do we want more slots for RAM?

After the SSD install, we will see what the current bottleneck is, then make a choice from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X