X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding alt accounts and ranks

From today on, users will be restricted to one account with a special rank (elder+) Your most active account will have the rank. However, if they are equally used and neither one can be considered "more commonly used" then both accounts will have the rank. That is a minority however, so in most cases you won't have more than one account with a special rank.

We're sorry for inconvenience this may cause. It was a necessary consensus that the currently active mods and admin came to.
    Last edited by Keychain; 08-04-2013, 10:12 AM.

Since i don't own Troublexassassin anymore you hshould probobly take away it's elder rank. I do get on it from time to time though just for the lolz

Comment

Following this change, I believe Cyros is the only person who has 2 ranked accounts.

Comment

I take it that this was issued so we don't have to keep upranking people with alt accounts?

Comment

I assume the rankings are for the minecraft game only, right?

also I have seen that our post counters don´t keep going up sometimes, is it because a random error or that it is disabled in the RP section?
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by e1o2gamma View Post
            I take it that this was issued so we don't have to keep upranking people with alt accounts?
            That, and it clogs up the roster with a bunch of unnecessary names. Hard to keep track when we have a dozen alts among the list.

Originally posted by Kristia View Post

also I have seen that our post counters don´t keep going up sometimes, is it because a random error or that it is disabled in the RP section?
            I don't know, sorry, I don't moderate the RP section.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post

Post counters were disabled by Remi; I don't know exactly why, but maybe because of machine gun posting? I honestly, don't know why.
              My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
              Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Machine gun posting.

Comment

ok, just wanted to know, thanks
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Regarding the events of last night, I've done some thinking. I don't think it is fair for me to be the only exception to this rule for a few reasons:

1. I never considered Hartmanns_Youkai to be a main account. Cyros is my main account and Hartmanns_Youkai is my alternate. Sure, I use it a lot, but I only got it to have a Koishi npc on the server. I also like using it because it's Koishi.

2. It creates a bad atmosphere among other members. I don't want to have 'special privileges' with alternate accounts where nobody else can.

3. Last night with the release of DDC, I claimed the remaining five characters, keeping one for myself, and giving other active members on the server the other ones that they wanted to be. With that, I now have a third account, which I will most likely be using as often as I have been with Cyros and Hartmann. Does that mean all three of my accounts can be elder? I don't think that's fair.

With that said, I'd prefer to have Cyros be my main account, and the other two to be my alternates. I like to keep things fair like everyone else.

Also, if I may make a suggestion. Not sure if this would be too much work, but would it be possible to change the title of alternate accounts to "Alternate" but still be child/adult rank?

Comment

I tried telling Remi that Cyros was your main account but he's stubborn. :v

I don't really agree with the Alternate title, seems unnecessary. But we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
                        I don't really agree with the Alternate title, seems unnecessary. But we'll see.
                        Understandable. It was merely a suggestion.

Comment

Not sure what exactly happened last night, but as far as special privilages go,it's not really special considering all one has to do to keep the elder, withthe current system anyway, is to use both accounts.

That being said, if you want hartmann back to adult, i'll do that too. Just confirm here that you want that.

We'll consider alt title but you'll need to wait until after a builder meeting to get a response on that

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
                            That, and it clogs up the roster with a bunch of unnecessary names. Hard to keep track when we have a dozen alts among the list.
                            Not to mention it cuts down names, and reduces potential server compromise.
                            Stance still like the world on pause
                            Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
                            Firm grasp, let the blade conform
                            Manifest thy will, transform
                            Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
                            Become myth turned life, real lore
                            Meet the rage on the field of war
                            But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                              Not sure what exactly happened last night, but as far as special privilages go,it's not really special considering all one has to do to keep the elder, withthe current system anyway, is to use both accounts.

That being said, if you want hartmann back to adult, i'll do that too. Just confirm here that you want that.

I think I worded it wrong with saying "events that happened last night." My bad. That night was when I got the rest of the revealed DDC characters as Minecraft accounts for the server's npc's, and it means I'm up to three accounts now (The other four new characters I gave to other members of the server). I just thought it was unfair being the only one with multiple accounts at elder, but if I'm not the only one, considering what you just told me, then I guess it's not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X