X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spleef maze idea

hello YC i have made a speef maze that uses flame bows to light tnt on fire and fall it is a large maze map and there are 2 teams there will be a poll on how many per team

if you have any idea's let me know
    0.00%
    50.00%
    50.00%
    0.00%

A spleef maze huh..
    We could always go for the somewhat less laggy "break the block" type of spleef such as snow with diamond shovels or something like that

Comment

Spleef has almost always been a free for all. Not sure tnt and teams are a good idea.

Comment

Spleef on TNT with flame bows is called TNT Spleef or Bow Spleef. While Hypixel handles their Bow Spleef well, Bow Spleef is a highly dangerous minigame that can result in A LOT of death if the TNT is not set up correctly, people PVP instead of shoot TNT, or if the right conditions are met. It is a rare game to see outside of plugin-based minigame server for this reason alone. Most typical servers just opt for the simple snowball-shovel Spleef that we all know and love.

Spleef arenas should usually not be maze-like. Spleef arena are a large and open so that players can easily jump from block to block without fear of getting stuck on a wall and falling. Mazes do add a lot of stress and intensity to the game but it greatly reduces the floor's surface area and reduces spectator visibility. If your Spleef arena has spectator stands (which it should), you will have to compensate for this maze and the obscured view that it brings.

Spleef can be set up as a team game too but it is uncommon to see this. Most spleef games are mostly free-for-all due to the nature of the game. Most of the time, there will usually only be one man left standing and, more often than not, teams will usually focus their efforts on eliminating players one by one rather spreading their forces and holding their ground (or what's left of it). If a team gets even the smallest of advantages, this usually puts the game in that team favour and the odds of the disadvantaged team winning are reduced greatly. With the right team, Team Spleef can very easily become unbalanced and unfair. Which is why most server only provide free-for-all matches and leave team matches for tournaments and occasional show matches.

Spleef can done in a number of ways but it's more complex than just a simple "build a circle of snow or blocks, give shovels, and play". A lot of factors do have to be accounted for in order to provide a fun game that people will be coming back for more.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Nucealer and Flan

Both of TNT spleef and team spleef already exist. It's also not any more laggy than normal spleef. TNT is also a common choice for spleef seeing as it breaks instantly. What I am more interested about is the maze aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-I5TfmjeT0
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqRSa30a7Ps

@TR

Setting up TNT spleef is quite easy with a few command blocks. We already have most of the requirements for this.
          Last edited by Katrix; 03-23-2015, 11:19 AM.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

what is spleef

Comment

Break block, let person fall in hole

Comment

the spleef is located at 5253 20 -1080
                Last edited by jessespy; 03-24-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X