X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Kagome Community Meeting #2

There will be a second meeting in mumble on Friday at 10pm EST to discuss what needs to be built in kagome and how we are going to build it.

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Can I just point out how absolutely adorable your avatar is, Seki?
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

So far people are just building and putting things here they want.
      Not saying that you have to put things in certain places but let's try to lay it out better, move some things around perhaps?
      Quieter areas goes with quiet areas, areas that'll be more busy goes with areas that'll be busy.

Take out things that aren't truly needed so Kagomay it isn't too big.
      If you're building something perhaps put a sign saying you built it (so we can talk to you about it), and try to tell what function that building is to have.

Comment

Nazrin is best mouse

What do you guys think of cutting off everything to the left of the line in the picture?

I like: Cake, more cake, lots of cake, coffee cake, blueberry cake, chocolate cake, vanilla cake, crumb cake, bundt cake, carrot cake, wedding cake, birthday cake, soap cakes, sponge cakes, yellow cake, Pineapple upside-down cake, rice cakes, crab cakes, angel food cakes, pancakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, pound cake, devil's food cake, black forest cake, Cake the band, fruit cake, ice-cream cake, German chocolate cake, shortcake, teacake, cake mix, and Nazrin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sekibanki View Post
          What do you guys think of cutting off everything to the left of the line in the picture?
          Idk, that area could provide space for some interesting additions to the town. But then again, it is being argued that Neo Kagome may need some downsizing. We could place that portion a bit of a distance from the town and create a secondary district in a more suitable location I suppose, but whatever you guys decide to do is fine with me.

Comment

Yea that's fine, I intented on the festival ground being used for events and be the place where we get out kagome bills and stuff, but that can be a thing else where.
            Keep the Cafe though that'll go where the cemetery ( the one up high) is.

Comment

Originally posted by KokoButtz View Post
              If you're building something perhaps put a sign saying you built it (so we can talk to you about it), and try to tell what function that building is to have.
              My planned contribution is located a good distance from the town and is a battle arena, but due to its size this is expected to be placed near the town rather than within; I have no problems with this. Eitherway, the location of the arena in Creative is X: 234 - Z: 1472. I didn't want to build it near the town because I wasn't as comfortable building in that area. I know it's strange, hope it doesn't complicate things.

BTW, the arena doesn't currently have an official name, so I'm looking for ideas from the community. I've thought of naming the arena in reference to Hong Meiling due to it's dojo-appearance and the build's Chinese look. Alternatively, my only other ideas are the Red Oni Stadium or the Dragon's Nest.

The arena was built as small as possible, and I fear that attempting to downsize may complicate the structure.
              Last edited by MCSuire; 03-29-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

So after looking over some stuff, i'd like to point this out:
                the vault being the new black market is a terrible idea and would be better put off to the side as either an exploration area or on the edge of kagome.
                (i did read some of the possible locations of where we can possibly put the vault if we do, i like the idea of being on the edge of kagome or so, just not under it.

I mention this mostly because the theme of the vault does not fit with the theme of kagome itself. seeing a modern/futuristic building in a town like kagome would offset the theme and just become an eyesore in my honest opinion.

Comment

As far as the "Black Market" goes, I kinda want to take the "black" part out. There are plenty of items not regularly available in survival that would be great endgame items. While we could still call it the Black Market, It should be a little more accessible, and a little less secret, so early on new players can have things to strive for. In 1.9 Elytra are the new endgame, we will have to make it a ridiculous price, but it should be worth it in the end.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNerifes View Post
                    So after looking over some stuff, i'd like to point this out:
                    the vault being the new black market is a terrible idea and would be better put off to the side as either an exploration area or on the edge of kagome.
                    (i did read some of the possible locations of where we can possibly put the vault if we do, i like the idea of being on the edge of kagome or so, just not under it.

I mention this mostly because the theme of the vault does not fit with the theme of kagome itself. seeing a modern/futuristic building in a town like kagome would offset the theme and just become an eyesore in my honest opinion.
                    Under Kagome does sort of give a kind of tone however. That there used to be a great futuristic civilization, which was then buried and Kagome was built on top of it.
                    It's always nice to have a little lore. But at the same time I dig a lot into everything basing them on story.. Like the lack of an area for the zombies to come from bothers me for Kagome defence events.

On another note, I think the huge expanse of Kagome might be due to Izayoi Aka not knowing the boundaries, for she hasn't really been attending in our meetings.

Comment

Always thought the vault was designed for a regenerating raid area :/

Comment

I don't want to be... demanding but I have one simple request. Though I'm not really going to be working on Neo Kagome anymore (directly, at least), would it be too much to ask that skyline in front of my house is cleared out? My house is situated on a really nice hill that would be perfect for stargazing. Unfortunately, the view has been blocked several times by players' builds. Be it Sakuya and Outlaw's storehouse or that new building Wriggle was making.

Sorry if I come off as demanding or trying to be unreasonable...
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Where would the viewing take place at? Outside on the grass, or within your residence, second floor?

Comment

POSTED IN WRONG THREAD:

Quick note guys, we will probably need another vehicle to take people to event locations in Kagome as well. I don't really think the helicopter fits so if someone can some up with a suggestion, please do.

Comment

We have already built all necessary, functioning structures. So, I would suggest a mildly comical structure to express the light-heartedness of our community as well, such as a large Ballista with platform for "launching" players swiftly into needed areas, or perhaps something more logical and time period related such as a military stable for quick response.

Comment

Working...
                              X