X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makai

Ok, I'll give a little rundown on what I said about Makai in the meeting and some of my thoughts and intentions regarding the Makai project. For a while now I've have stated time and again that I wish to work (possibly even lead) most of PC-98 Makai. I leave Hokkai to Cyros as I seem to remember him showing interest in that while I have little interest in Hokkai and UFO builds.
    In the meeting, I explained a few of my intentions and views on Makai and how I wish to handle aspects. While I do like the ideas presented in Cyros' overview, I found a lot of which contradicted with several of my ideas.

For example, I was torn on the idea of Makai City and the concept of Pandaemonium. To me, Pandaemonium is not a settlement. It's simply Shinki's palace. The settlement of demons that people think of is what I refer to as Makai City (Mystic Square Stage 3). For Pandaemonium, I wish to present the palace as grand but simple on the outside. Inside, however, I want Pandaemonium to give a feeling of overwhelming power, mystery, and ominous presence. A realm worthy of the goddess who created Makai. One of the references I have, inspired by one of the Mystic Square backgrounds is Spear Pillar from Pokémon (specifically the anime). I will likely provide a prototype of this very room sometime next week to help showcase a few of my ideas on Pandaemonium interior.
    Makai City is one that I'm juggling up. My first intention is having Makai City as a pseudo-modern settlement to show a stark contrast from the society of Gensokyo. As you'll notice in my design intentions and in discussions, I wish to present Makai as an uncanny and alien world compared to that of Gensokyo (not necessarily our own world). Makai City is supposed to be an example of this. To showcase the strange demonic world that Shinki created. I do have a concept for one street for this modern Makai City idea. However, it's a little old and I hate the palette choice for it. It works for the build but it looks bad imo. If anyone wishes to see it, ask. I will be taking people round there every now and again over the next few days and when the need arises.

Other ideas and concepts were primarily discussing how I wish to handle the stages of Mystic Square and some aspects of Highly Responsive to Prayers. As I do not wish to have Pandaemonium as a settlement (compared to current Makai), all housings and character homes will either be located in the wild or in/around Makai City. Yuki and Mai I wish to have in the Land of Ice and Snow (Stage 4), Elis either in Makai City or somewhere close to the Ruins of Vina, and Louise having a home in Makai City or somewhere near a portal to Genso. Likewise, Pandaemonium will be a little more secluded being hidden through the Land of Ice and Snow as the player travels through said location from Makai City to reach Pandaemonium.

As for distribution and planning, currently I have only rough figures and ideas on what I want done when and who I wish to bring aboard. Currently, only one project has a solid designation with nuclear at the Fallen Shrine. Other locations have semi-solid designations like Ruins of Vina which will be primarily made by myself and one or two others and Elis' home which will be made solely by me with some possible assistance from friends.
    One other thing for certain is that Pandaemonium will be saved for later as it is the second biggest, if not the biggest, PC-98 Makai project.

If anyone has any questions or ideas for Makai, please send them my way. Though I want to see Makai to completion and given justice, I cannot do it alone. Any suggestions and help are appreciated.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I want to bring up some stuff about Youkai mountain, with the Suwa lake and the waterfall. Does anyone have any ideas on how we should go around about connecting them together in a way that looks nice?
      sigpic

Comment

Something something, since it seems people are actually starting to do things for genso, I'll probably start thinking about SDM related things. As in that will probably be the only thing I work on at all lol.

Comment

Meeting tomorrow at 4pm EST!

yay :3

Comment

Summary for the 3rd Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 2/18/2017:

Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
            The main goal is finishing the terrain of Gensokyo. Making walk-able paths, editing rivers. Nothing will be ported in until that is finished. All that jazz blah blah blah

We started off by checking the recent builds. First we went to Cyro's Mausoleum, Then we visited Wriggle's Yukari Train design, Kritter's Alice House, Purp's Mokou house, Shiny's Gabby Club, then to Dari's Nice Boat, Purp's Daiyousei's tree house then lastly Eiburine's Palace of Earth Spirits concept. DO NOT FORGET!!! To the ones who built the things above, don't forget to put the coords and worlds to the Gensokyo Locations Thread.

It was also decided that when the time comes, the SDM build will have it's own thread.

We talked about the Misty Lake size. Wriggle then reminded everyone that in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense it is stated that Misty Lake takes about half an hour to walk around so Misty lake is ok in size. We then Talked about Hakurei and the stairs and how it was too high up. Then We talked about how the water fall at youkai moutain will work.

Lastly since we will be starting on the Human Village next building meeting (3/4/2017) I have made a little Building tips/tricks to help anyone with building. If you have any tips/tricks then do not be afraid to add anything! \o/
            Located at -6255 4 -6469 Creative Flats.

Next Meeting will be March 4th, 2017. 4PM EST!
            Last edited by KokoButtz; 03-04-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

So I won't be able to make it for the human village meeting, but I have a few concepts of the Kirisame Second Hand Shop at (1876, -455) in creative flats if you want to take a look at it.

Comment

Meeting tomorrow at 4pm EST!

Comment

Summary for the 4th Gensokyo v3 Building Meeting 3/4/2017:

Communication is key, during the breaks we have between these meetings talk to others about projects, work on things etc. etc.
                  The main goal is finishing the terrain of Gensokyo. Making walk-able paths, editing rivers. Nothing will be ported in until that is finished.

Kind of a short meeting. Started off visiting with Marisa's second hand shop. Visited neogensokyo and decided on expanding the Misty Lake a bit more.

Then we visited the mini model of the human village. (-3616 7 -6300). Added stuff and that's about it. The general color scheme is lighter colors.
                  Think the same blocks used in the current human village. Oak Logs, Oak wood, Spruce wood, White wool, etc. etc.

Keep in mind, we actually have not started building the village. We are only in the planning stage. So anything you have built will most likely have to be changed. Whether it be color scheme or size.

Next meeting March 18th, 2014 4PM EST.
                  Last edited by KokoButtz; 03-05-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I don't think I'm going to attend these meetings anymore. If I build anything interesting, I'll inform whoever is in charge of the respective project but I'm just going to stay out of the meetings from now on. Is that alright?
                    Last edited by MCSuire; 03-05-2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

That's fine, just try to keep yourself updated on what's going on.

Comment

Well, is there a proper reference for me to use for that, aside from contacting a superior?

Comment

This thread and the Gensokyo locations thread are the best ones for staying updated. Also just communicating with the people you're building with.
                          And when I say updated, I mean just keeping up with the progress of Gensokyo. Like knowing what's currently being worked on etc. etc.

Comment

Meeting tomorrow at 4pm EST building room.
                            Ladies free 'till midnight.

Comment

wont be able to make it for the next one, but I'll be sure to read up on it.
                              "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

It's happening

Human Village hype
                                Last edited by Nuclearblt; 03-18-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X