X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youkai Hunting Game?

Possibly on a weekend we should get together and have a youkai hunt.

Plot:There are rumors that youkai population in a certain area of Gensokyo is booming, humans fearing a youkai attack go to Reimu but find that she is busy solving another incident and isn't at the shrine. So it is up to the people of the human village to band together and face this rumored threat on their own. Most of the youkai hearing about the coming attack go into hiding while some prepare to use the opportunity to get a quick meal.

Gameplay and Rules

How does this work? Well there will be two teams, Youkai and Humans, before a match starts the two teams will decide where they want the hunt to happen (preferably in a large place like in the forest of magic, SDM, Youkai Mountain etc.) the human team will start in the human village and the youkai team will hide in the location of the hunt.

The two teams then get diamond swords and/or bow and arrows (to represent danmaku) and switch to survival mode.

The humans will travel on foot to the location of the Youkai and start searching for them, if a human and youkai encounter each other then you fight it out until one of you dies. Youkai can also come out of hiding and attack humans if they want.

When you die and respawn, stay at the spawn until the match ends, don't join back in.

In the end the team that survives wins. The match will also be called if one side gives up (in the case that a Youkai is so well hidden that they can't be found or the humans retreat) the side that forfeits loses the match. Think of it as a game of hide and go seek only the line between the ones hiding and seeking is a little blurred.
    Last edited by ElemethSigma; 03-15-2013, 01:57 AM. Reason: Rule edit

This sounds fun.

Comment

Can this happen? Please?

Comment

I really hope this gets approved.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

This deserves my seal of approval!~
          *Adds seal of approval*

Comment

I approve as well. Just need to get a few other server management things out of the way and I should be able to ACTUALLY start on community events soon.

Comment

Okie dokie so Remi is letting me do the event planning (because he doesn't want to) so my first order of busyness is to plan out the youkai hunt so listen up and listen well. There will be two hunts one on the 23rd of march starting at 10:30 PM eastern time while the next will be the following day march 24th at 5:00pm. (Times may be changed)

We'll play best 2 out of 3 with teams switching off each round so you can be human and youkai. The humans will start at the human village once it's finished and ported over and will attack the scarlet mansion (or wherever the youkai team elect to hide) Humans will wear leather helmets died red and youkail will wear leather helets died blue. you will be able to have a sword or a bow and you can take weapons from fallen frinds or foes. there will be no enchanted weapons and chests containing armor and maybe potions and food will be plaed along the map for you to find (armor will not include helmets)

The first team to kill the other players wins that round

The first to win two rounds wins the game

once you die you are out of the game until the next round.

no using gm1

no spawning items

no enchanting weapons

no mods (not even minimap since that could be used to find a hiding youkai)

Have fun

Comment

orz iSorry

But actually, I like what I see here. Those participating will be given a temporary rank during the duration of the match. (So as to prevent gamemode switching and stuff)

The date works as well so everyone who wants to participate, just post here so I can get an idea for how many people have interest.

Comment

One particular problem...

The match will also be called if one side gives up (in the case that a Youkai is so well hidden that they can't be found or the humans retreat) and the victor will be the side that has the most people still alive.

Wouldn't this cause some sort of hax/cheating where the one last Youkai is hidden so well and humans with more people can just give up to win? Shouldn't the side that gives up be the side that loses?
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                    One particular problem...

The match will also be called if one side gives up (in the case that a Youkai is so well hidden that they can't be found or the humans retreat) and the victor will be the side that has the most people still alive.

Wouldn't this cause some sort of hax/cheating where the one last Youkai is hidden so well and humans with more people can just give up to win? Shouldn't the side that gives up be the side that loses?
                    Hmm...I see what you mean I'll fix the rule on that then. thanks for pointing that out.

Also I'm participating of course. :P
                    Last edited by ElemethSigma; 03-15-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Also one thing to keep it interesting: Make it a class-based to add a little variety, like Juggernaut (dia armor, stone sword) or Ranger (leather armor, bow + max power)

I can develop the classes by the end of this weekend.
                      Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

This sound pretty cool

Comment

Yeah the side that gives up should lose but if there is only one youkai left or so that stays in hiding then humans should be able to win. Maybe we should have it like capture the flag where if the human side can mine the obsidian then the youkai team loses and if the human leader dies the human's lose. something to shoot for like that.

Comment

Hehe, multiple game modes too. Like King of the Hill, Deathmatch, things like that.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I am excited for this ^_^ I hope I don't have to work when it goes on...

Comment

Working...
                              X