Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Building Meeting! - Terraforming.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Building Meeting! - Terraforming.

Hello, Yukkuricraft! I'm here to share some wonderful stuff with you guys, and the best part is you can all be a part of this!

Now, I remember there was a similar meeting on trees that Shimitty held a few months ago, which was awesome, but we still need plenty more trees to put in Gensokyo. And it's more than just trees! We also need rock formations, flower patches, bushes, etc. Things to make Gensokyo a pretty and beautiful place to explore. More than just the builds.

Why do we need all of this stuff? To put it simply, so that Katrix and Redleaf can add this stuff to a program called World Painter without having us place them by hand each and every time. It speeds up the process! Yes, that does mean trees will be copied and spread all over Gensokyo, but that's why we need so many trees. Which is where you guys come in!

The meeting will be held starting at 4:00 PM 2:00 PM EDT in a building room on our mumble this Saturday coming (Time not final. Time in which we hold the meeting can be discussed here). The meeting will have discussions that last about an hour or so, and then the entire weekend will be used for working on terrain elements by as many people who want to help. So please! Spread the word!
    Meeting is not taking place this weekend unless somebody can fill my role of hosting the meeting. If so, please state that here in the thread.

Things we can use that would greatly help our Gensokyo:

Oak trees
    Spruce trees
    birch trees
    bamboo
    cherry blossom trees
    small and large rock formations
    different kinds of shrubs or bushes
    willow trees
    peach trees (Lunar City)
    Crystal trees (Makai)
    Blood trees (Makai)
    rock formations (Makai)
    Huge Mushrooms (Wonderland part of Makai/Forest of Magic)

If there is anything anybody can think of that is not on this list, feel free to post it here!

And with that, anybody who would like to be a part of this please post and let us know! The more the merrier!
    Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 05-23-2015, 01:20 AM.

aaaa ill do huge mushrooms and the crystal, blood, and peach trees if someone will explain those to me i cant pick which to do so ill offer up one for each
    o<o

Comment

All of that can be discussed here and during the meeting. No worries~

Comment

ooh ok ok
        you know i dont have mumble so i guess ill just discuss it here
        are we gonna wait till the day of the meeting to discuss it or
        o<o

Comment

If anything, people like Leon and them that you have on Skype could open a chat with you and you could technically be in the mumble room with us that way. I think. I remember Leon talking about being a medium for something like that.

Comment

tru
            yeah that would work o>O
            o<o

Comment

Ill do whatever I can, and I'll be sure to be in the call with Leon and birb, too!

im not a cool person

Comment

While I'm at it, I'll show some examples of things.

The first are examples of what you shouldn't do:

I put these here because it's easy to make something that looks generic, but it's not very unique.

Speaking of unique, it's possible to be a bit TOO unique. If something is incredibly uniquely designed, it looks like it should stand out, but having too much of them can look bad. Here's an example:

This formation looks like it goes inward a bit and looks like it could be a one of a kind thing. Seeing a bunch of these makes it lose its luster.

As for things that we could use and would look for are as follows for examples:

The tree example uses a player head that looks like an apple. Now, I'm not a big fan of using player heads on the off chance that the player changes their skin, no longer having the desired head you wanted. So I created a mock up of my tree using flowers that can make it look like apples in a tree:

Keep in mind these are simply examples. It's good to really think about what to build for making Gensokyo 3 look pretty. Please take into consideration that it's something you want to look at more than once.

Comment

Since I won't be here on Saturday, what's the size range for the willow tree? I have a few ideas for it.
                  While trying to build it, I've noticed that adding vines and differentiating the type of leaves gives it a more "realistic type of look."
                  Last edited by Nuclearblt; 05-20-2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleFinatic View Post
                    Ill do whatever I can, and I'll be sure to be in the call with Leon and birb, too!
                    Yeah... About that...
                    4:00 pm EDT is 30 minutes before my internet gets cut...
                    If I shower earlier than normal, I can make those 30 minutes, but else I'll have to beg my parents (read: my dad) to let me join you guys for longer... So yeh...
                    As a backup Skype -> Mumble person, I'd like to suggest Nick_00
                    Originally posted by Mogeko
                    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                    Praise be to prosciutto.
                    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                      Yeah... About that...
                      4:00 pm EDT is 30 minutes before my internet gets cut...
                      If I shower earlier than normal, I can make those 30 minutes, but else I'll have to beg my parents (read: my dad) to let me join you guys for longer... So yeh...
                      As a backup Skype -> Mumble person, I'd like to suggest Nick_00
                      "Time not final. Time in which we hold the meeting can be discussed here"

I sometimes wonder if people read everything I type. lol. We can easily do this at a different time, like earlier than 4 for sure. 2:00 EDT sound fine?

Originally posted by Nuclearblt View Post
                      Since I won't be here on Saturday, what's the size range for the willow tree? I have a few ideas for it.
                      While trying to build it, I've noticed that adding vines and differentiating the type of leaves gives it a more "realistic type of look."
                      I mean not too large but not too small? To be fair you'd be the one to build it. As long as you can make it look nice and it looks like something we can have a lot of then that's what we're going for. If anything, use a vanilla large oak tree as a template for size.
                      Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 05-20-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyros_Lugoth View Post
                        "Time not final. Time in which we hold the meeting can be discussed here"

I sometimes wonder if people read everything I type. lol. We can easily do this at a different time, like earlier than 4 for sure. 2:00 EDT sound fine?
                        Oh whoops, didn't see the Time not final thingy >.<
                        Since I'm assuming you mean 2:00 EDT as in 2:00 PM EDT, they that would work out (2 PM EDT = 8 PM Dutch/French/Katrix time), though if you meant it as in 2 AM EDT, that'd work for me, maybe... (meeting at 8 AM... I may miss the first hour then, plus I have to get my hair cut at 11 AM Dutch time...) yeh, 2 PM EDT sounds best for my timezone, I guess :P
                        Originally posted by Mogeko
                        Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                        Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                        Praise be to prosciutto.
                        ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                        Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Cyros, I found the comment ;w;

Trees I built are located at X/Z: -616.361 ; -1806.738 in creative flats

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                            Oh whoops, didn't see the Time not final thingy >.<
                            Since I'm assuming you mean 2:00 EDT as in 2:00 PM EDT, they that would work out (2 PM EDT = 8 PM Dutch/French/Katrix time), though if you meant it as in 2 AM EDT, that'd work for me, maybe... (meeting at 8 AM... I may miss the first hour then, plus I have to get my hair cut at 11 AM Dutch time...) yeh, 2 PM EDT sounds best for my timezone, I guess :P
                            2:00 PM, yes. Dear god starting a meeting at 2:00 AM would kill me. lol

Originally posted by DeadMasterChan View Post
                            Cyros, I found the comment ;w;

Trees I built are located at X/Z: -616.361 ; -1806.738 in creative flats
                            Awesome. I'll check them out sometime tonight and possibly copy them to an isolated area where we can add a bajillion things for Genso.

Comment

oh oh i got some stuff ready a few thousand blocks west of Birb Bastion; if you remind me, i'll show you ^^
                              o<o

Comment

Working...
                              X