X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] The Hakurei Oak Tree

Just wondering if there are any plans to build the Oak Tree that got struck by lightning in "Strange and Bright Nature Deity."

It's located just behind the Shrine and, according to Yukari, is a fairly critical component of the Hakurei Barrier (also where Sunny, Luna and Star currently live) so I think adding it in is justified.
    I know everyone is probably already busy on bigger projects but I didn't want this to get forgotten, so its just something I wanted to point out.

Thanks for your consideration, and keep taking it easy everyone. ^.^

I think that already made.

Comment

It's different from the Giant Tree in the Forest of Magic, if that's the one you're referring to.

But I'll look around again to be sure.
      Shouldn't be too hard to find a second tree big enough to live in. ^.^

Comment

I'm mistaken then. I thought the fairies only lived in one house.

Comment

Almost forgot about that tree, lol. You think we should make it in its split form or its h4x size form?

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
            Almost forgot about that tree, lol. You think we should make it in its split form or its h4x size form?
            Split form, if done right it would look more epic and unique that way. Plus a new player not well read in touhou lore would be more interested to find out the story behind said tree if it was split rather than if it was just a giant random tree.
            Last edited by ElemethSigma; 03-19-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1o2gamma View Post
              I'm mistaken then. I thought the fairies only lived in one house.
              In Touhou Sangetsusui (whatever it's called) they move near the shrine to defeat Reimu... or attempt to.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

I thought they just move there because once the tree regrows, it's way better than their current home and get beaten up by Yukari in doing so because she needed to make sure the fairies were weak enough as to not cause havoc on the tree, which was divine.

Comment

I like the split tree idea. Maybe even put on one of those Shinto rope thingies. (Reimu did try to make it a Goshintai, right?)

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                  I thought they just move there because once the tree regrows, it's way better than their current home and get beaten up by Yukari in doing so because she needed to make sure the fairies were weak enough as to not cause havoc on the tree, which was divine.
                  It was my understanding that the tree started to regrow because the Fairies moved in. But yeah, I think they thought it'd be nicer than their current tree.

EDIT:
                  Here's a pic of the tree for any interested.
                  This is Chapter 21 Page 04 of "Strange and Bright Nature Deity"

Reimu enshrines it in Chapter 22
                  Last edited by MegaMooseJam; 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM. Reason: Added reference pic

Comment

Working...
                  X