X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SDM Discussion

I know most of you have seen the new mansion by now, but here are some screens just in case!

As far as Voile goes, and I know Mamizou is working on one, but I just want ideas from you guys; how should we build this? Any reference pics we could build off from? How far should we stray away from the original design? There are a few things I know for certain are already considered:

•The ceiling height will be shorter. A lot of you have pretty much agreed that we dont want to have to make a mountain behind the SDM to fit Voile under. However an idea I had was to put the SDM and the misty lake at a high elevation so that we can keep Voile tall.

•The rocket will be in the center.

So yeah, Im sure you all have some great ideas and info to contribute so any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Keychain; 05-14-2013, 05:13 PM.

Something like this?

The elevation is higher than the lake, so it should be fine, right? RIGHT?
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Hot-tub, umm wasn't there a shop somewhere in the Voile too?

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
        Something like this?

The elevation is higher than the lake, so it should be fine, right? RIGHT?
        As much as a freaking love that picture, too many people in the past have confused the mountains behind the SDM to be the Youkai Mountain. However if we can make it more obvious that is isnt, I wonder what the chances will be that mountains will be behind the SDM again. Also, I do think the SDM being a bit higher from the lake, like in that picture, would be cool. Im trying to imagine how the garden will be moved to accommodate though, so it may not happen ):

Comment

Hot tub in Voile? What monstrocity is this?
          Yeah, don't count the mountain behind the picture. I was only posting it for the sake of the mansion being taller than the lake.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Not a hot tub, but a pool is cannonical as per last few pages from SSiB.

I'm thinking that something circular again woul be better, but shorter and wider. Also, more buttresses

Comment

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but why not have a "podded" garden?

As in having different chunks of the garden split up and put on different levels leading up a small hill to the SDM. The garden is pretty modular already and it shouldn't be much of a problem cutting the chunks out and placing them in an ascending manner. I'll draw a picture once I get back from school.

Comment

Originally posted by MyHatismyFriend View Post
                I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but why not have a "podded" garden?

As in having different chunks of the garden split up and put on different levels leading up a small hill to the SDM. The garden is pretty modular already and it shouldn't be much of a problem cutting the chunks out and placing them in an ascending manner. I'll draw a picture once I get back from school.
                Ooh I think I know what you're talking about. Something like rice paddies, except instead of rice it's like a garden stuff.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

I mean, it sounds like a nice idea but how would it fit with a European mansion from the 1500's?

Comment

The basement is almost done and ialmost ready to be ported over. all i have to do is finish one room, start and compleat 2 rooms, wait for Alex to finish the laundry room. light and finish hallways and decorate two serten locations. Flandre will finally have a place to live <3

Thanks to Scooterboo, JRH, Katrix, Deadmasterchan, Tysonizer, Alex Wang, Lily Scarlet, Slowly/Wakasagi Hime, Cyros and Krittercon. They all contributed to the basement o help me meet the deadline. Tomorrow at this time the basement WILL be ready to be ported over (If not then bann me for a week.... I'm serious!)

Edit: And on that note the basement is ready to be ported into gensokyo. Finished sooner than i thought. big thanks to deadmasterchan katrix and snoop for doing thoese last two rooms for me. that was a wonderful surprise <3
                    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-04-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X