X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou 2 Extra Stage

So I've started on the extra stage for Touhou 2, there isn't really any information to go on minus the floor tiles so I'm having to improvise a lot of the stage. It is at (-610, -1924)

What is canon though is that there is three color coded areas to the stage. Since there isn't any colored tiles I had to mix the colored blocks with stone slab tiles to give it a pattern.

I'm assuming the stage is supposed to be underground? Considering how dark it is. Possibly in the dream world...underground? :P

The first area, which is purple/magenta has floor tiles which pop up and down as well as retract/explode into danmaku bullets. I represented this by having pistons lifting up blocks on the floor as well as lifting up and revealing dispensers from underneath the tiles.

The second portion which is Lime green seemed to have a lot of enemies and danmaku coming from the sides of the screen so I'll represent this with dispensers being exposed along the walls of this area.

The final red area will have dispensers along the wall as well. Where it will break off with a jagged edge into a dark abyss like room which is where the boss fight took place.

I've had the walls mirror the floors mostly with every 11 blocks having a 3 block wide arch support beam which includes a lava light. On each side of the support beam is a small vent with a nether-fence cover and black wool behind it which is where the evil eyes and other enemies come out of.

The ceiling is made of black wool.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ElemethSigma; 06-09-2013, 01:11 PM.

With the recording coming up soon you'd better floor it.

Comment

This is where you fight Rika the second time... right?
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MyHatismyFriend View Post
        With the recording coming up soon you'd better floor it.
        Crap I didn't know about that. Where would this even fit in at?

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
        This is where you fight Rika the second time... right?
        Yes yes.

Comment

Looks pretty cool, but we have to figure a definite location behind the hakurei shrine to put all of the SoEW locations :P

Comment

Originally posted by mamizou View Post
            Looks pretty cool, but we have to figure a definite location behind the hakurei shrine to put all of the SoEW locations :P
            Well part of the stages (I suppose including this one) were in some pocket dimension (dream world) in between Genso and Makai. Maybe you could stick them in the outskirts of Makai? Since Makai has a lot of unused room. Plus Rika seems like a demon, having horns and stuff when she's encountered the second time.

Comment

Well, rika is a human, maybe she added a viking helmet to show that she hass lost it and wants to beat rika. XD

Jokes aside, that is a good idea, but wouldn't it make more sense if we put all the dream world in its own world?

Comment

Ok I need help with the boss area, so much black wool...

Comment

Ok, it's basically done. I'm just stuck on what to do with the entrance.

Comment

For the entrance, why not make it look like it slowly descends to a cave?

Comment

Working...
                    X