Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[1.4.5] YukkuriCraft Name Replacement Mod!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[1.4.5] YukkuriCraft Name Replacement Mod!

Edit: The list is being stupid. I'll have to recode it soon. For now, we're all stuck seeing shite with her spam name.

If you know what this is from THCraft, then you can go on right ahead and download it, otherwise, and you feel like reading, keep reading!
    I'm extremely bad with advertising (hence, which is why I won't go into marketing) so excuse me for the bland monotone.

History:
    Okay, there's essentially no big accomplishment here. It originated from TouhouCraft when I just was feeling bored (Literally, no motivation to do anything else) and decided to give the server a more RP-ish kind of feel. So I whipped up a quick mod that replaces usernames with their corresponding character.

What it does:
    What it says on the bottle. Replaces your (and others) username with the corresponding character.

Example:
    == Before ==
    <Evangon> I'm obviously Evangon.

== After ==
    <Tenshi> I'm obviously Tenshi.

When not to use it:
    When you're an admin and want to see everyone's name.

Planned Features:
    I dunno.

Download here!
    Want to edit the list? Here you go: The List

How to Edit:
    - Find the thing that looks like 2 pieces of stacked paper (Should be next to
    - Type in the changed information.
    - Make sure to click the checkbox next to the Padlock
    - Create Paste (It doesn't really create anything, just edits it).

Changelog:
    Spoiler: Expand
    - Fixed failure with Debug account.
    - Added settings.
    - Added a feature to do alias ONLY in commands. Toggable.
    - Added nametag replacement.
    - Fixed fail bug due to 119 character limit (Converted Integer to Double.POSITIVE_INFINITE was a genius plan!)
    - Initial release.

Note to Mods:
    I don't know where to post this, so I placed it under Misc. Feel free to shoot me down and delete the thread, I'll get the message, and stop working on it.
    Last edited by Tenko; 12-20-2012, 06:47 PM.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

I can already do this server-side, but my question is if this a purely client-side only mod? I would assume so since you'd have to put together some hack to bypass name data sent to the server. If not and this is both a client and server-wide mod, how does it affect commands? Is it simply a surface-level change or does it actually change literally waht's sent to the server, eg instead of using /tp ihaveasuckyname I'd have to use /tp thisisabettername?

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
      I can already do this server-side, but my question is if this a purely client-side only mod? I would assume so since you'd have to put together some hack to bypass name data sent to the server. If not and this is both a client and server-wide mod, how does it affect commands? Is it simply a surface-level change or does it actually change literally waht's sent to the server, eg instead of using /tp ihaveasuckyname I'd have to use /tp thisisabettername?
      Er... If you send invalid packet data to the server, the server rejects it and kicks you. So no, you don't need to use an alias. I'll just implement a thing so you can use aliases only if you WANT to. Still need to implement settings though.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
      Well? Which one?

Comment

Why the tits am I not on there :I

EDIT: not sure if I did it right but there.

http://pastie.org/private/u02swtkjrscyd2vb9jehbg
        Last edited by Kilelicus; 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM.
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
          Why the tits am I not on there :I

EDIT: not sure if I did it right but there.

http://pastie.org/private/u02swtkjrscyd2vb9jehbg
          It's your full username. I forget sometimes, but I think it's case-insensitive. Fixed it for you.

Well? Which one?

Comment

Working...
          X