X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shrine wars

seeing as this is a very interesting topic for the time being, i got together with another neutral member, and discussed how this will work.

so, here it is.

this post/thread is to determine which shrine in gensokyo has more faith(followers) and is the dominant shrine among all. to measure faith per shrine, there is a poll with 4 options. hakurei, moriya, myouren, and neutral. as you add your vote, you permanently place a stamp that says you are part of that shrine. you are un-able to change from that point unless we work out a way to do it fairly.

i will come back and occasionally do edits on this post showing the member amount that is in each shrine, as well as stating whether it is human, youkai, or a 3rd party that are part of the shrine more.

when you make a choice on the poll, please fill out the following form in a reply:

IGN: (name here)

which touhou character are you?: ( put none if you are not a touhou character )

if you are not a touhou, what race are you?: ( place human, youkai, moon rabbit or doll )

which shrine are you a part of?:

if you choose to change shrines, are you prepared to be shamed and banished from that location forever?:

shrine members and dominant race:

hakurei: keychain, (redleaf) A. shizuha, (kana) youmu, ~cirno~

moriya: (soranayo) mokou, (katrix) satori

myuoren: mamizou

neutral: (TRXD) patchouli, leon, lord_jacobus

thank you for your time and your possible vote, please make sure to fill out the form that is asked as to keep the most accurate measurements possible. i will be talking to aya about future interviews with the miko/shrine maiden of each shrine.
    hakurei shrine
    42.11%
    moriya shrine
    15.79%
    myouren shrine/temple
    10.53%
    none, i am not part of any shrines.
    31.58%
    Last edited by chas_iron_beard; 12-04-2013, 12:10 AM.

Guess I'll go first then.
    IGN: Leon
    Touhou char? none
    Race: (Before: ) Human; (Now and Later: ) Youkai
    Shrine: None! I'm just a wandering youkai, following nobody without any reason.
    However: I sometimes go to the Hakurei Shrine and leave a few yen. (though still not a follower)
    Change shrines? NEVER
    Originally posted by Mogeko
    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
    Praise be to prosciutto.
    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Hey, Guess i'm next.

So, IGN : Soranayo

My character : Fujiwara no Mokou.

What race : Human for now and Forever~.

What Shrine : Moriya's shrine.

No , i wouldn't , cause i won't change.

And why i am choosing this shrine ? Because Kaguya joined the Hakurei shrine. It's enough to me.

Comment

IGN: TRXD
        Touhou Character: Patchouli Knowledge
        Shrine: Neither. Patchouli is an atheist and does not wish to be part of any shrine. But she has grown rather interested in that Hakurei shrine maiden...
        Change: If Patchouli were to have been part of a shrine and subsequently left, she would be prepared to face the consequences. After all, she can just return to her library and read all her books in solitude. And that's all that matters to her.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Why not?

IGN: Katrix
          Touhou Character: Satori Komeiji
          Shrine: Moriya
          Change: If she feel like it.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Sure.

IGN: Lord_Jacobus1

Race: Human

Shrine: None

I'll never join a shrine. Religion is just not for me.
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

IGN: Redleaf64
              Touhou: Shizuha Aki
              Race: Autumn Goddess
              Shrine: Hakurei
              sigpic

Comment

IGN: Kana
                Touhou: Youmu
                Race: Half Ghost Youkai
                Shrine: Hakurei
                Change: Depends on the situation I might (mostly not) change.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

end of day one, the total results for most dominant shrine in gensokyo is currently:
                  -----------------------
                  hakurei: 40% total faith

moriya: 20% total faith

myouren: 10% total faith

neutral: 30% total faith

faith combined = 100%
                  -----------------------
                  the shrine with the most faith is currently hakurei, with non-shrine members at 2nd place, moriya in 3rd place and myouren at 4th place.

the next update on total faith per shrine will be at the end of day 3.

Comment

whoops, voted before I actually read the posts, guess I might as well make this too

IGN: bookdragon2000

which touhou character are you?: none

if you are not a touhou, what race are you?: human

which shrine are you a part of?: none, I'm a bookworm that believes in science and is more of an atheist

if you choose to change shrines, are you prepared to be shamed and banished from that location forever?: yep, I only change if there is a good reason
                    How many times can you die a day~?
                    How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

IGN: Navicula

which touhou character are you?: Do you even need to ask?

if you are not a touhou, what race are you?: The answers seem kind of weird... human/youkai okay, but I think moon rabbits are just a type of youkai, and dolls don't really do anything. If you want to use dolls or something, wouldn't it be easier just to put tsukumogami? I mean, dolls don't think. Alice's dolls are controlled by Alice herself, so they are something akin to a RC car, and all other similar things are tsukumogami, tools that came to life.

which shrine are you a part of?: Kappa technology shrine! XD

if you choose to change shrines, are you prepared to be shamed and banished from that location forever?: Changing shrines is really hard if you're not part of one.

Comment

IGN: Kade
                        Touhou Character: (none)
                        Shrine: Hakurei shrine
                        Race: Human
                        Change shrine(?): Leaving Reimu?! Are you kidding me?! Of course not!!

Comment

end of day three of this shrine war, and a lot has changed since the original results. a lot more votes have been passed, is a lot more faith has been added. the only question is did it make a severe change in the standings? maybe, maybe not.

earlier today, i interviewed the miko of moriya shrine, sanae kochiya to get her thoughts on this so far. this is how she replied:

-----interview------

chas: first questions first, how do you feel about the current standings?

sanae: seeing the current hakurei's standing in a solid first place currently feels like this shrine war is going to be a long and hard one. but if we moriya keep being faithful, we can win. it's just a matter of hard work.

chas: well, currently without any campaign attempts to gain faith, your in a solid second place. any plans to help gain new followers and boost faith?

sanae: i'm pretty sure something that would re-unite people would help gather more faith, it could be things like parties, taking trips, or just hanging out.

chas: that sounds like a good plan. when it comes to your faith, what is it's main focus point? what makes it so powerful?

sanae: well, the faith i want to gather is making sure to keep kanako and suwako. so it would pretty much mean that our faith is used to keep everything that's important to every living being existing in gensokyo. and perhaps even making everything more cheerful. if we can get much faith.

chas: alright, this question is vital. do you only welcome humans, youkai, or everyone?

sanae: well, it's true that i have been affected by youkai hunting in the past by the moriya gods... but as of today, we are ready to welcome every and all living things into moriya. after all, every living being can show faith to what they believe.

chas: hmm, i have one more question for you, and it will appear in the published part of the interview. if you found out that you and a rival shrine were actually teaching the same thing, would you consider merging shrines? or stay as rivals?

sanae: like, the same thing regardless of how it's done?

chas: yes, if your teachings and goals were the same, would you consider merging shrines?

sanae: that is a hard question. if it was just me i'd probably consider helping each other as shrines. but i know that kanako wouldn't be happy with that at all. i do have to follow my gods, so i doubt it would end with a merging at the end...

chas: you said kanako wouldn't agree, but what about suwako?

sanae: we'll, i'm mostly not actually sure of what she would decide on this one... she's less obvious to me than kanako. after all, kanako is more direct with these sort of things.

-----interview------

and with that, here's the results of the poll as of day three:

hakurei: 40%

moriya: 13.33 %

myouren: 6.67 %

neutral: 40%

total faith: 100%

hakurei and neutrals are tied with a large lead over the other two shrines. i wonder if it will stay like this, or if enough decisive votes will swing this poll in the favor of moriya/myouren by day 7 when the next update is posted.

remember, if you want your shrine to be the dominant shrine of gensokyo, be sure to vote for them.
                          Last edited by chas_iron_beard; 12-06-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

IGN: Elatha

which touhou character are you?: Sanae Kochiya

which shrine are you a part of?: Moriya Shrine.

if you choose to change shrines, are you prepared to be shamed and banished from that location forever?: I am forever faithful to the Moriya Shrine, therefore there could never be a change! Not to mention it wouldn't make sense for a shrine maiden to change.

I first thought that as the shrine maiden, I would be forbidden to vote. But I have been told that Reimu has actually voted on this, and that I could then put in a vote myself, so here I am.

Comment

Working...
                            X