Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we make a Touhou mod for Minecraft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we make a Touhou mod for Minecraft?

I'd like one please. I think it would be fun.
    No whatever, more Reimu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuiE3FcoSSU

Comment

Thanks, Zemouregal, but I'd like one in English.
      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

No. You get none.

Comment

It would be incredibly difficult without some sort of launch pad (e.g source code for a mod that only updated until 1.4.2 would be easy to update to 1.4.7)
          Maintaining it is another difficulty.
          If you plan on this being on the server, I highly doubt it would happen.
          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Fine. I'll do it myself.
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

It'd certainly make for an interesting SSP mod. However, like Tenko said, making a server-side version and keeping it up to date will be incredibly difficult, especially if you make the code from scratch.

Comment

I don't want it to be a server mod, that's the thing. I want it to be a single player mod. With Forge. Because I like Forge better than Modloader.
                No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Another thing is, what would you include in the mod to make it unique and not just a compilation of pre-existing mods in terms of game mechanics? What can one add to this mod that would distinctly make it "Touhou-like"?

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                    Another thing is, what would you include in the mod to make it unique and not just a compilation of pre-existing mods in terms of game mechanics? What can one add to this mod that would distinctly make it "Touhou-like"?
                    New biomes and alternate dimensions are important. A "Gap Block" could be used to access these alternate dimensions, by right clicking on it and choosing the dimension. This block could be obtained from Yukari, a boss that can only be summoned with rare drops from Chen & Ran. Chen would rarely spawn in the forest. Ran would rarely spawn on the plains and in the desert, both places likely to have villages. Speaking of villages, Rinnosuke could be a villager type selling redstone related objects. Interested so far?

Edit: I'm going to start a new thread in a few days.
                    Last edited by Lord_Jacobus1; 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM. Reason: Showing that I can't do it alone.
                    No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

wow, that so reminds me of what i started in the steamgroup of touhoucraft, i hope itll turn out with a higher interest than just topaz :3
                      gap-block for worldchanging or as general teleporter does sound interesting. too bad i just have bad mob ideas ...

but whats more important: SPELLCARDS / spelltomes
                      In my opinion spellcards should be made by combining an empty spellcards with certain items, or combining certain spellcards
                      kinda like Empty Spellcard + Blazepowder (filler) -> fire Spellcard -> 2 firespellcards -> Fireball Spell and so on and on....
                      maybe a special book to make a tome that works on durability instead of uses like the spellcards do

IMPORTANT NOTE: Whatever the spellcard, i think they should NEVER damage the enviroment, even a "Nuke" spell shouldnt damage blocks, the griefing potential would be too high
                      EDIT: oh, ofc we would need new special effects/textures for the spells, mobs, areas, plants, items etc etc etc etc etc etc xD

Concerning Touhou Characters as mobs, it wouldnt be nice of real touhou fans to turn them into cannon fodder, especially the popular ones *evil smile*
                      (*inb4 raptorrotas cannonfodder mob*)
                      i think the "normal" mobs added should be fairies or minor/nameless youkai, while the characters become either midbosses or bosses. but thats just my opinion.
                      Buy overpriced unecessary Junk or GTFO :3

Comment

OK, this is what I got down so far: http://pastebin.com/PLvezm75

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Wouldnt one need rice first to make sake? *gets knifed*
                          the sunflower is a nice idea
                          What the hell is Rukia's Seal?
                          ----
                          Imo the bamboo should use the size of cobblestone walls instead of full blocks, but would be more difficult to attach leaves then´.
                          Actually, we need more ideas for the enviroment than for items/mobs, something like "oriental village", poison swamps (purple water, lol), new weather effects (scarlet mist, "soul-clouds" for netherworld), the obligatory "(9) block" ( i know you want it!!!!)
                          cherrytree-leaves, Saigyou Ayakashi (felling it spawns a certain boss lol), Black Market Trader Npc, maybe more types of snow, end/nether-portal blocks ( admit it, you'd kill to get space blocks for decoration), oh, maybe some, but not too much new types of ore for whatever items we will design them for.
                          Last edited by Raptorrotas; 01-16-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I like that. I like your ideas a lot. Yep, I think we can work well together. However, I will simply not allow the player to get portal blocks legitimately. As for Rumia's Seal, it is the "ribbon" in her hair. It seals her power.
                            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

with end and portal blocks i mean decorative full blocks that look lik end portal and nether portal, instead that thin things which cant be used for decoration properly xD. btw that ribbon seal thing is just fanon, not canon :3

Comment

Working...
                              X