X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be taking an extended break from YC

Without going in too much detail I'm really sick of playing minecraft and I don't have a lot to do anymore so I'll be going away for a little while. Since I've been told I'm too blunt I'll just say that I am frustrated with how the server is run and the fact that there are basically no opportunities to prove myself as a decent builder. No one in the staff likes me enough or cares enough to let me help on any builds in Gensokyo which is one of the reasons why I joined the server in the first place. There is little room for advancement, at least for someone like me who is brutally honest and regarded by most as an asshole.

Another reason I'm leaving is that Yuuka's town has basically died and any potential new players are discouraged from helping due to the fact that they are required to work 24/7 on the town when they just want to play. Anyone who knows me on the server knows that I cared a lot about the town and spent countless hours trying to improve it so that it would look as good as possible. A little over half the builds there are mine. Without including too many personal details I have distanced myself with Yuuka because of issues like these and even with what I've done for the town I'm still told on a near daily basis to build more for a dying town.

I doubt I'll be quitting permanently but I've been needing to say some of this for a long time so I'm putting it out there. I need a break from all of this and I try to stay away from politics on the server. I know about half the staff has some beef with me because I always express my opinions even if they are unpopular or rude. I know that at some point I've probably made everyone angry but I honestly don't mean to do it.

Anyways if you want to contact me my steam name is LiShengshun. Apart from helping Koko with her build I will most likely not be on the server for a couple months. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I needed to get this off my chest.
    Last edited by LiShengshun; 06-06-2014, 05:59 PM.

As far as I know, not much of the staff have an opinion on you... The rest of the community I have no idea. As far as building for Gensokyo, the builders don't seem to be that motivated :/

But I mean if you really wanted to build for Gensokyo, we have a whole creative world where you can build things for Gensokyo if you really wanted to! (where were you when I was getting people to help me with the moon?)

If you want to take a break from MC but still wanna hang out, you can get in the mumble and play with us on other games! But if you don't want to I understand. Have fun anyway!

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Thanks Shimitty, I am definitely interested in helping out in the moon or anything really. I did have a prototype build but my style has improved since I made it and I'm not at all satisfied with it. I am honestly sick of playing MC in general so at least for the next month I will probably not.

I might consider coming on mumble more often.

Comment

Yeah, mumble is where pretty much everything happens, minecraft or not.
        Deffinatly want to hop in there if you want to make a mark.

Like you said within the post, yeah the whole negative post is kinda blunt and sudden.
        Have you talked to other staff/builders that you are interested in becoming one yourself?
        Never see you in mumble, so we (well atleast I) haven't noticed you as much. Just thought you were a player that loves playing in our server ;P

Like we said, get on mumble a little more often, hear how its like and get closer to us.
        Meow.

Comment

As far as genso goes, there hasn't exactly been a whole lot going on even with the builders lately. Also, staff can't really notice anything if you don't tell us anything xD There are a lot of users so we can't check every player's builds manually.

Either way I do hope you come back soon. It's understandable that you might be a bit frustrated at the moment but you are a long timer so it's definitely be sad if we didn't see you for too long. (At least I feel that way, anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snowman7 View Post
            Have you talked to other staff/builders that you are interested in becoming one yourself?
            In a word, no, because I'm not trying to beg for promotions even if it sounds like that's what I'm doing here. I have asked to help participate in a few builds and while I'm sure the intent was to find people who wanted to do that sort of thing, I seem to have missed those opportunities (Shimitty hit this on the head). I understand that you feel it's a bit sudden, but I've been here almost since the start and haven't really gotten anywhere. >.<

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
            As far as genso goes, there hasn't exactly been a whole lot going on even with the builders lately. Also, staff can't really notice anything if you don't tell us anything xD There are a lot of users so we can't check every player's builds manually.

Either way I do hope you come back soon. It's understandable that you might be a bit frustrated at the moment but you are a long timer so it's definitely be sad if we didn't see you for too long. (At least I feel that way, anyway)
            I agree with your first comment. There isn't much that hasn't been done already, which is the main reason I'm a bit frustrated. And while I understand that "no build is sacred," I don't want to be that guy who tries to rebuild stuff that doesn't need to be rebuilt, especially since I'm not even an elder yet, let alone builder.

I'm glad I was able to address this in a constructive manner. I don't really have a problem with anyone on the server, I just feel like I've spent a long time pouring my effort into stuff that doesn't even matter. And as I said before I just need a break.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this, but I appreciate you stepping up and saying something. When it comes to Minecraft, theres always room for improvement when it comes to building, and taking a break from certain games or communities can be helpful for people. I hope everything goes well for you, and I'll be sure to welcome you back if you ever do so.

Take it easy~ (cause why not)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redleaf64 View Post
                I'm sorry to hear this, but I appreciate you stepping up and saying something. When it comes to Minecraft, theres always room for improvement when it comes to building, and taking a break from certain games or communities can be helpful for people. I hope everything goes well for you, and I'll be sure to welcome you back if you ever do so.

Take it easy~ (cause why not)
                Thanks for your support, Redleaf.

Comment

Take as long as you want dude. I understand how people lose passion for things over time. When you come back I'll welcome you with open arms!

Comment

Originally posted by KokoButtz View Post
                    Take as long as you want dude. I understand how people lose passion for things over time. When you come back I'll welcome you with open arms!
                    Probably won't be all that long but I hope I come back ready to build.

Comment

While I'm not the wisest person nor am I considered a person with sufficient weight in this community, I do have to say a few things about this.

I do understand where you are coming from with this. I can see how there are points where the community sometimes has its own layering to it. How people on the inside are more likely to be asked about projects being worked on by builders while others are left completely in the dark. While this sounds extreme and unfair, let me clarify what I mean by this and what tends to go on.
                      In a conversation I had with Krittercon one time, he told me that "unless a player grabs my attention early on, I usually ignore them." (This is an imperfect quote and Krittercon has the right to yell at me if it's wrong). This is a practice that, while blunt and maybe unfair, does make sense. Unless a person does something early on, people have a low chance of remembering them and ergo has greater apathy towards speaking to them. If you don't talk around or make a lasting impression, it's understandable that the chances of being included in something are lessened.

Note how I said lessened. If you do not make a first impression, it does not mean you are screwed. It is still possible to be included on something, you just have to say something. Try to get friendly with the staff. I myself have (or had, if you count the fact that I self-exiled in January/February and have barely returned) done both. I was lucky to make myself known during my first months here. I could owe the honour of getting me there to people like Katrix/Satori, Leon, and others but it's simply an unknown. It could also be the Keychain birthday build, Cards Against Humanity, or Civ 5 game nights. But it's truly unknown. I also took the time to try to get on the good side of staff. Krittercon (now questionable), Snoop (now questionable), Keychain (extremely questionable), Remi, Snow, maybe even Mamizou (still miss that Tanuki...), and maybe some others. These are the ones that I remember from November to February. I didn't list ones that had been promoted like Katrix or Alayo and I haven't listed those that I only recently have made attempts to get to know. (Sorry, Tewi. Really sorry.)
                      Due to my slightly unannounced self-exile and my actions, it is fair to say that some of these staff relations are now questionable. Some because I have not talked to them or I feel I may have completely vexed them. These people may know who they are. But I will not say unless they ask for it.

This brings me onto my next big point. Staff hatred. Getting the staff to hate you is a hard thing if it's unintentional. Trust me. You can make hiccups, say a bad thing or two, and they'll still be fine. Some are more easygoing than others but the general consensus is that the staff will only hate you if you want them to. You really have to be asking for it to get on their bad side. If the staff weren't the way they are today, I would be long gone. I literally would be. That or I would have been so a week or two ago. Saying that, I know a couple of staff (past or present) would want to pick a bone with me. So if you say "the staff generally doesn't like me" then you are either completely wrong or you have done things to SERIOUSLY tick off the staff. And I highly believe that the latter is untrue.

And advancements and promotions? I'm certain that it's not a dictatorship or a system based on favouritism as to how one gets promoted. Generally speaking, you just have to be a nice guy, show that you care, and show that you are interested in a possible promotion (in a way that doesn't deter people from promoting you).

Saying that, while I would LOVE to get a promotion, I am generally fine with being fixed as a Senior or Elder (if I ever do get either). The thought of being depended upon to build stuff in Gensokyo is unbearable. I would love to have it as an optional thing (like how Mediators have it) and not being tasked with building things on the spot. "Why don't you just say that you would rather be a mediator or something like that?" you may ask to which I give a major deadpan stare. Have you looked at the number of Mediators? And have you looked at the number of promotions to mediator over the last 6 months? None! There have been none! This is an obvious sign that the staff are most likely content with the number right now and do not desire any more Mediators. That or the criteria is on an impossible scale.

Ok. That is an over-exaggeration and not my true opinion but that is most likely what is rushing through your mind when you think of the criteria to become a builder. While I am not one to say, I do believe that it is not hard at all. Yeah, you do need talent and dedication but I highly doubt that there are no vacancies on the builder team and I doubt that it is "full" or highly restricted. No way in hell. Make your desires known, show you give a damn, and don't pout about the "impossibility" of a promotion.

I think that's really all I have to say. Unsure if it'll be helpful or whether it'll bring harm but those are my opinions on the matter. Your situation is HIGHLY understandable but I think you are pushing yourself down big time (and that's my job). At least you were open with your opinions but I think this could have been avoided if you had spoken sooner about your desires.
                      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 06-07-2014, 08:14 AM.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                        While I'm not the wisest person nor am I considered a person with sufficient weight in this community, I do have to say a few things about this.

I do understand where you are coming from with this. I can see how there are points where the community sometimes has its own layering to it. How people on the inside are more likely to be asked about projects being worked on by builders while others are left completely in the dark. While this sounds extreme and unfair, let me clarify what I mean by this and what tends to go on.
                        In a conversation I had with Krittercon one time, he told me that "unless a player grabs my attention early on, I usually ignore them." (This is an imperfect quote and Krittercon has the right to yell at me if it's wrong). This is a practice that, while blunt and maybe unfair, does make sense. Unless a person does something early on, people have a low chance of remembering them and ergo has greater apathy towards speaking to them. If you don't talk around or make a lasting impression, it's understandable that the chances of being included in something are lessened.

Note how I said lessened. If you do not make a first impression, it does not mean you are screwed. It is still possible to be included on something, you just have to say something. Try to get friendly with the staff. I myself have (or had, if you count the fact that I self-exiled in January/February and have barely returned) done both. I was lucky to make myself known during my first months here. I could owe the honour of getting me there to people like Katrix/Satori, Leon, and others but it's simply an unknown. It could also be the Keychain birthday build, Cards Against Humanity, or Civ 5 game nights. But it's truly unknown. I also took the time to try to get on the good side of staff. Krittercon (now questionable), Snoop (now questionable), Keychain (extremely questionable), Remi, Snow, maybe even Mamizou (still miss that Tanuki...), and maybe some others. These are the ones that I remember from November to February. I didn't list ones that had been promoted like Katrix or Alayo and I haven't listed those that I only recently have made attempts to get to know. (Sorry, Tewi. Really sorry.)
                        Due to my slightly unannounced self-exile and my actions, it is fair to say that some of these staff relations are now questionable. Some because I have not talked to them or I feel I may have completely vexed them. These people may know who they are. But I will not say unless they ask for it.

This brings me onto my next big point. Staff hatred. Getting the staff to hate you is a hard thing if it's unintentional. Trust me. You can make hiccups, say a bad thing or two, and they'll still be fine. Some are more easygoing than others but the general consensus is that the staff will only hate you if you want them to. You really have to be asking for it to get on their bad side. If the staff weren't the way they are today, I would be long gone. I literally would be. That or I would have been so a week or two ago. Saying that, I know a couple of staff (past or present) would want to pick a bone with me. So if you say "the staff generally doesn't like me" then you are either completely wrong or you have done things to SERIOUSLY tick off the staff. And I highly believe that the latter is untrue.

And advancements and promotions? I'm certain that it's not a dictatorship or a system based on favouritism as to how one gets promoted. Generally speaking, you just have to be a nice guy, show that you care, and show that you are interested in a possible promotion (in a way that doesn't deter people from promoting you).

Saying that, while I would LOVE to get a promotion, I am generally fine with being fixed as a Senior or Elder (if I ever do get either). The thought of being depended upon to build stuff in Gensokyo is unbearable. I would love to have it as an optional thing (like how Mediators have it) and not being tasked with building things on the spot. "Why don't you just say that you would rather be a mediator or something like that?" you may ask to which I give a major deadpan stare. Have you looked at the number of Mediators? And have you looked at the number of promotions to mediator over the last 6 months? None! There have been none! This is an obvious sign that the staff are most likely content with the number right now and do not desire any more Mediators. That or the criteria is on an impossible scale.

Ok. That is an over-exaggeration and not my true opinion but that is most likely what is rushing through your mind when you think of the criteria to become a builder. While I am not one to say, I do believe that it is not hard at all. Yeah, you do need talent and dedication but I highly doubt that there are no vacancies on the builder team and I doubt that it is "full" or highly restricted. No way in hell. Make your desires known, show you give a damn, and don't pout about the "impossibility" of a promotion.

I think that's really all I have to say. Unsure if it'll be helpful or whether it'll bring harm but those are my opinions on the matter. Your situation is HIGHLY understandable but I think you are pushing yourself down big time (and that's my job). At least you were open with your opinions but I think this could have been avoided if you had spoken sooner about your desires.
                        This thread is not about promotions nor am I trying to make commentary on it. I am simply trying to express that I feel I have not done what I came to this server to do. It honestly doesn't bother me if I have a rank or not. It does bother me that I've never left a lasting impact on the server or otherwise.

Also I'd like to point out that you say getting mediator is impossible and later say I shouldn't gripe about it being impossible. While this statement is contradictory, my intent wasn't to complain about that, so you can take from that what you want.

Comment

@Li
                          I do not wish to argue about this but I want to clarify something that you have misinterpreted (staff, do something if this gets out of hand).

I had said that the "impossibility of getting mediator" was an over-exaggeration and wasn't not my true opinion. While I would like the idea of getting mediator or some role in the Yukkuricraft community, I am not going to complain about it and I did not intend to in my post. Furthermore, I never did once contradicted myself. I was trying to make an example of what some people may think when it comes to promotions (but obviously failed badly).

Originally posted by you
                          This thread is not about promotions nor am I trying to make commentary on it.
                          I never stated that nor did I make it the main focus of my post. It is only in the second half that I make comments about this. But the OP kind of looked it said otherwise. You wanted to build in Gensokyo and make contributions. Wouldn't attempting to get Builder fall into that area?

Originally posted by you
                          It honestly doesn't bother me if I have a rank or not. It does bother me that I've never left a lasting impact on the server or otherwise.
                          I addressed this in the second and third paragraphs of my post. As I had said there, it's not too late to make a lasting impression. It may be harder to do so considering how long you have been here but it still isn't too late. It's never too late. And if this was made aware sooner, we could have something about it.

So before you criticise me, PLEASE for the love of Tsukuyomi read all of my post. It's annoying to see people look over key areas and instead focus on things that don't matter as much. Examples? Promotions. Never meant to make a big deal out of it and yet you did it anyway.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post

You wanna know how to get a staff members attention? TALK TO US! It's that simple! We don't have an "ignore button if player doens't do anything amazing" policy." If you are shy and don't try to make friends here then guess what, you aren't going to make friends. While we do have rankings and responsibilities, we are players like anyone else. We aren't trying to run a 500+ player server like Shotbow or Empire. If you want to talk to a staff member about anything, just talk to us, it's that simple!

The easiest way to make an impression?

getting on mumble is how you get noticed. It doesn't matter if you just have a mic and type in the chat, being there and communicating with us is a good way to make friends.

And once again, we aren't some kind of club you have to jump though hoops to become a part of. For the most part we're all friends! who met each other right here on Yukkuricraft! The staff your enemy, we're your bitches! If you think something should be done about the server let us know! We have an entire section of the forum dedicated to this. There are thousands of ways to make an impression, you just have to find them and do them!

Getting on the bad side of staff is harder than you think. You literally have to try to make us hate you, and trust me it's a short list. I can't think of one person that staff generally hates that isn't banned right now. Are you banned? No? Then don't worry about it! We only hate you if you hate us back or are a complete asshole.

If we seem angry or yell at you at some point, we don't hate you, we just think you're doing something stupid. Especially me, if I get frustrated with you, It's because I care. I'm trying to help you (in my own way, I need to work on being more professional). I more than anyone want people to be friends and get along. It's an impossible goal but a noble one, and I'm not about to give up.

@TRXD: Just drop the Christmas incident please, we only remember it because you keep bringing it up. Everything about it was in your head. No one hated you, no one was offended, you didn't need to go into your self-infliced "exile". I (and most of the rest of staff) can't stand melodrama. And I can't stand to see people push their own nose into the dirt because they did something tiny. Mostly because I used to do that all the time, and it was stupid of me. I ended up hating myself for doing it more that I hated myself for what I actually did. So please stop doing it! You can be so much more! And I want you to be better than that!

TL;DR This doesn't happen:

Member: Hey! I've been on the server for a few months but I haven't gotten to know anyone in staff yet. Let me introduce myself!

Staff: Leave me alone Plebeian! You are not worth my time!

Stop being Melodramatic.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Anyways thanks everyone for the constructive feedback. I'll be looking forward to returning at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                              X