X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(POSIBLE) New PVP area

Due to recent events, the staff is considering implementing a new area or world for the soul purpose of player verses player combat.

There are a lot of possibilities to be done with this such as where the areas will be or how they will look, weather or not there will only be vanilla items in the pvp and so on.

The purpose of this thread is to found out who "if anyone" would be interested in this kind of thing as well as what you would like to see in your PVP environment.

Do keep in mind there are limitations to an unmodded server so not every suggestion will be implemented.

Well, something good for a pvp area would be different arenas:
    .-Gladiator styled circle
    .-Maze like cavern
    .-wilderness with hazardous environmental traps (lava, cliffs, death holes)
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@trouble

Concealable or camouflaged pressure plates. The possibilities for landmines would be cool and would keep some on edge when travelling.

Just a wild thought.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice.

Comment

@trouble

What will this new PVP area be like?

Will it be almost like a PVP survival where you play like you normally would, only that you have to worry about others, or is it an arena setup?
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Yukkuricraft PVP.

Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
            rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

If we're talking about a region and/or world dedicated to PvP combat, I would say to have it look mostly wasteland-like. Rather barren and foreboding to ward players off. But whether you want it to go DayZ/MineZ style (ruined towns with forested areas and other interesting features) or if you want to do it like RuneScape's Wilderness (mostly a stony wasteland with lava pits dotting the land) is another thing. Either one is fine. But I would recommend having some notable structures like a battle arena or two which people will mostly gather towards. A maze. A castle. Anything that would be awesome to fight in. But the main purpose is that it is a high risk-high reward place. You're guaranteed some prey there but you will be easily found and killed.

Another thing that is necessary is a way to ensure that no-one kills people who have only just entered PvP. A safe zone or a protection/ward to prevent people from camping at entry points and spawn points. If it's a dimension, no problem. Have a spawn safe zone with gaps/teleports to different locations of the map (Is there a possibility for a randomising tp?). If it's a region in survival, then we would need to get creative. Having some kind of plugin in place to detect players entering the region and apply a protection to them for a certain duration. That would fend off any campers at certain entry points to PvP.

If this is going to be a separate world, I'm not sure as to whether or not we should have a PvP inventory separate from Survival inventory. While it will reduce risks of losing survival items to none and lets you have a different inventory to manage while on the run, it can be an interesting concept to have your survival items dropped and picked up by your attacker(s). That alone would be an interesting reward for PvPers. The items that the prey is willing to bet by stepping onto bloodstained ground. After all, you're always gonna need to bring some there. Even if it is just the bare essentials.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Will this be like kit pvp and you get your respected kit items for free, but cannot bring them into the survival world, or will you have to bring your own items from the survival world miko stick 2p0w3r4me

Comment

@ s1 and tr: Originally the idea was make it like paintball where you have a few stages you can pick from and then 2 or more people could go there to fight it out in an area that wouldn't spam everyones chat with death messages. The areas were going to be based off stages in the fighting games and a few otehr interesting consents like what Kris was suggesting.

That being said what your guys are suggesting isn't out of the question by any means. But the last time we made an alternate survival world (hardcore no rules) It died out after about a week. If we're going to go so far as to construct a vast world for PVP survival like something you would see on mineZ/dayZ then i would want to make sure people would actually be willing to use it.

I do like the idea though of wagering items in PVP. Kinda like gambling to try and get ahead

Comment

@Tewi
                    This is why I said if. I'm not fussed about the PvP being set up as stages or as a survival PvP world like MineZ. I can understand as to how a PvP world can go and I can understand that not many people may go to an open PvP world for the sake of fighting. After all, constructing worlds is a pain in the ass. And no-one would want such building effort and timr being wasted due to lack of people playing on it or using it. When a builder constructs things on a server, they would rather want their creations to be appreciated and used. To have an abandoned hand-crafted PvP world would be a waste of a builder's time.

The stage idea and the region idea are the better bets in terms of building effort and PvP retention. People would opt more to go into PvP stages and arenas rather than get lost in a massive world that could have one lost for hours without a single kill. And besides, it at least gets more people interested in PvP and gives the incentive to kill rather doing a Survival Games, MineZ, or UHC which can be boring in certain situations. Seriously, a good number of SG maps are BORING because of the fact that they are too open and large. They may look pretty and very nice. But you've got to balance beauty and appearance with fun and playability. That's why a PvP region or stages would be the better bet. And I could see myself proposing interesting PvP arena/stage ideas.

That said, I should really consider picking up that old arena city idea. Could be used as a hub for PvP if I decided to pick it up again and work on it.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Working...
                    X