X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server lag and a zombie

so i was workin on a guys underground base [keep forgetting his name it was like egg or something] and this was when the server started to take a dump with lagging (a few hours ago while everyone was AFK), i was guilty enough to be tabbed at the time to find something i want to listen to and the minecraft volume was sensible for me to hear it

well a couple of minutes pass by and a zombie spawned and punched me so it makes the familiar sound and i tab back in, well even w/o armor on it takes time to be killed but with the chainmail and the lag (and im not sugar coating it) it was a rapid fire of punches that pinned me up against the nearby wall of his underground base and i instantly died/

5 minutes did not pass by and i was not near the lava enough to lose my items that way, but in the process of searching for the important bits i lost a full set of chainmail, a diamond pick/shovel, a half inventory of dirt, and 15 lvls of xp

some admins said they are ok with helping with the loss of items that one time i did die because of surprise lava (i mean come on you have the /return which i hate and dont use). but i lost my stuff due to the server's connection and not my own skill so im curious if i could get the mentioned items above back (UNenchanted)
    Last edited by screaminediot@yahoo.com; 11-03-2014, 12:28 AM.
    armee de TERRE!

Listen, if admins aren't able to get your stuff back, I can ressuply you with some stuff. Just say so when I'm around

Comment

thanks nuclearblt, I'll let it slide for now until an OP finds out and get a judgement from them first

other things i dont think i factored in at the time was: being high enough to the ceiling wall to catch fire(impossible) and items being stuck in the wall
      armee de TERRE!

Comment

If I remember correctly there's chainmail armor at the black market which you can buy with stone.

Comment

It not up to me, but I would personally say no, because of this kind of stuff:

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Have to agree with Shmi on this one. Your goods can be remade or traded. Unenchanted diamond gear? That's easy to get back. At least it didn't have rare enchants.

I think people need to learn to not use staff as a crutch when one dies through justifiable and fair means. No-one is responsible for your goods or your death. Just soldier on and put that unfortunate death behind you. After all, you're only going to die again and lose more stuff.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

What Shimitty and TRXD said. Under certain conditions where it was legit server issues such as missing inventories on server restarts or accidental loss due to admin actions, we can refund the items without much issue. However, your particular case had you idling in an area where mobs can easily get you. As much as lag is at fault to a certain extent, the fact that that zombie got to you is fair game.

I had a few times where I was idling and got blown up by a creeper, but I never got my items back from that. Now, if you were to die because me or another admin is nearby doing something silly like spawning 100 zombies, then that would be different.

Plus, some of us is already giving out items already for small random events like boss raids, and there's quite a bit of access to getting things in this server so by all means getting things and keeping them is much easier on this server than vanilla minecraft already. Just because the admins have capabilities to to do certain actions doesn't mean we can do them willynilly. Those tools are for us to improve the server, better the experience, and repair glitches. Clean-up and rollbacks should not be a normal thing for us.

Comment

i agree with everyone on the whole idling thing and for the most part i can get everything back by myself but the chainmail i had no clue over

and it wasnt the fault about being killed, idling or even lag but the stuff literally just disappeared (its a giant 61x61 room i scanned over for the stuff) so i guess ill have to talk to nuclear about the chainmail
                armee de TERRE!

Comment

i just now watched your video and im sorry Shimitty but i do have to call you out on it, the whole item things been solved but what i do care about is just being insulted about lava and lag [yes im taking it as an insult]

ive spent 5 years being underground in other servers and know all about the what not about lag and lava, both playing at times bouncing from 200 to 300+ ping and around 10fps from when i had a crap computer

i really dont care about the items but a fellow man named Ben said for me to discuss it on the forums (what i did) but now that its finished i was curious if anyone else had problems besides
                  another dude [thunder something] lost his sword and everyone just straight ignored the poor fellow (i dont know his story though) but thank you anyways
                  Last edited by screaminediot@yahoo.com; 11-03-2014, 09:41 PM.
                  armee de TERRE!

Comment

Originally posted by screaminediot@yahoo.com View Post
                    i just now watched your video and im sorry Shimitty but i do have to call you out on it, the whole item things been solved but what i do care about is just being insulted about lava and lag [yes im taking it as an insult]

ive spent 5 years being underground in other servers and know all about the what not about lag and lava, both playing at times bouncing from 200 to 300+ ping and around 10fps from when i had a crap computer

i really dont care about the items but a fellow man named Ben said for me to discuss it on the forums (what i did) but now that its finished i was curious if anyone else had problems besides
                    another dude [thunder something] lost his sword and everyone just straight ignored the poor fellow (i don't know his story though) but thank you anyways
                    I'm sorry about the video. While It does get across my view on the matter, I by all means think you are far above the average whiny Minecraft player and I by no means meant any disrespect. I understand how you might have taken that as an insult and I apologize. My opinion on the matter hasn't changed, but I do agree I was a little harsh.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

it happens no harsh feelings
                      armee de TERRE!

Comment

Working...
                      X