X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Patriot Ad

Okay, I've been frankly getting pissed off with the forums. I guess you people have seen that "Oh, petition the Patriot Act" Ad that's popping up. Porblem is, IT KEEPS COMING BAKC EVERY DAMN PAGE. I've tried everything, hell, T tried AdBlock for the purpose of trying to get rid of it, and NOPE, it just doesn't go away. Keeps coming back on every new page, or whether I switch tabs or something.

Anyone have a fix? If any?

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

The whole Patriot Act thing is not completely an ad or a malicious pop-up. It's a pop-up from the Internet Defense League. These forums are a part of said Internet Defense League. Any time a major change in US law is approaching (for example, laws that challenge Net Neutrality), all websites that are a part of the Internet Defense League will show a pop-up reminding visitors to consider doing something about it.
    These Internet Defense League pop-ups has been discussed many times in the past and I was pretty certain that every forum regular was aware as to what these pop-ups were and as to why they're here. But it appears that, instead of its original intention of uniting users to stop the government f*cking with us, it is actually driving users insane.

Methinks Remi should think twice about keeping the Internet Defense League's HTML code on our website.

Fixes for the persisting pop-ups? Cleaning your cookies, restart your browser, something along the lines of that. If it isn't fixed, see to using a different method of browsing these forums like getting a different web browser for the time being.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I normally see those things once and then they are gone.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Tapatalk never shows any ads, if you have a mobile device.

Comment

Same than Katrix on my side. Appeared once, never appeared again.

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
            Fixes for the persisting pop-ups? Cleaning your cookies, restart your browser, something along the lines of that. If it isn't fixed, see to using a different method of browsing these forums like getting a different web browser for the time being.
            Been there, tried that, and it still keeps goddamn happening. I might just take a break from the forums for a while until it goddamn stops, because it's annoying the ever-loving shit out of me.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
            X