X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say Something?

I just had a very long, expressive and vomitless talk with a member of THC that doesn't particularly like YukkuriCraft (In all honesty, it was a very respectable and formal discussion that ended in some unfortunate e-peen measuring, which I am sorry to say has brought my opinion of the member back to its original position). My jimmies were rustled at the start, and by the end, they were on the moon to say the least, and I'll tell you why.

Can I just start by apologising here, I'm spilling my guts on the matter and rolling around in them on the floor and throwing bits of gut in everybody's eyes, so I'm going to tell the blunt truth.

I've been a player on Wall's server for about a year and a half, and when he Holocausted everybody, I moved here, and have been here ever since. Now that he wants to reopen Touhoucraft, and I generally spend all of my time on one server, I was torn to whether to prioritise YukkuriCraft or return to Touhoucraft. At the end of it, I basically said 'fuck', and strangled a stress ball. I decided to tell everybody what I think of the situation.

Whatever server we go on, it will probably fall to pieces. The reason? The playerbase is full of airheads who are constantly warring in a giant melee of back-stabbing, insulting and grudge-holding. I've reiterated the need to exercise discipline, forgiveness, and other virtues when the players migrated from THC to YC. The attitudes that led to the collapse of the THC haven't changed. People still antagonise each other and hold grudges over petty intrusions- this simply is not a sustainable mentality for the continued development of any online gaming community. Given enough time, any server will degenerate into an anarchistic society filled with rage and bashing. Admittedly some of you have good reasons for being angry at each other, but it's time to turn the other cheek and get along- I understand what I'm trying to sell here is a perfect, impossible utopia, but at least hold back a little and excercise a little restriction before you lava their house because they burned your animals because you stole their armour because they blew up your mountain. Heck, I had my home destroyed no less than 4 or 5 times during my time on THC, and most of it were by people I thought were close friends. They still are to me. The first time, I called a mod. Then the rest, I just packed up what was left and moved away further from w. I turned the other cheek. Sometimes it was in response to something I accidentally burnt, or sometimes for no reason at all. The reason doesn't matter, the fact that you are willing to ignore it is.

During our little discussion, I was treated to some information about the running of this server, information that I am not going to decide is truthful or not. It just proved to me that something was wrong with the player base- every time, its the players complaining about the admins, or the players doing something stupid, or overreacting- every single action seems to lead to somebody exploding, destroying everything, then getting banned. I realise that maybe Remi isn't as active or as helpful as Walls is with his server, but to me, that just serves to make the server "ours"- Others can say that he's not pulling his weight, but for me, it's enough knowing that he has a server up for our enjoyment and contribution- he's just the janitor and logistics guy, he's the one working in the background to keep the server up. Walls likes to work on his server, expand it in his image, but without the influence of a top-tier admin, I feel as if we have more freedom.

I dunno guys, I just felt really shitty. This doesn't mean that I won't play on THC, I have a very high opinion of Walls, but yeah, I'm fucking tired and I'm going to sleep.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Comment

People are free to go wherever. We have no rights, nor do we plan to force people where to go.

We both like Minecraft.
      We both like Touhou.

Why fight?

http://i.imgur.com/iyP8toA.jpg
      I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

I don't really hate anyone, it's more how peoples hates me (heheh) but really, why has there been so much more anger and stuff ever since I started getting into the forums?

Comment

Originally posted by kadapunny View Post
          I don't really hate anyone, it's more how peoples hates me (heheh) but really, why has there been so much more anger and stuff ever since I started getting into the forums?
          Please excuse me, but...
          Seriously. You phrased it as if you joining has to do with the reason people are leaving and quitting. Why does your post read to me "i just got banned, everyone hates me. plz unban, its nut mah fualt evry1 is lving." If you're going to comment on something serious, at least put thought into it.

That aside, Hat, it's your decision. Just like Soda said, everyone is free to do their own thing (more so on the internet.)
          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Like Key said, good luck with whichever you decide Hat.
            Mirror, mirror, tell me something-- who's the loneliest of all?

Comment

Haven't gotten to know you well.
              Never did actually.
              Though I will say:
              Go with what you feel fits best.
              Just don't feel guilty about it, as I'm sure you and others will understand in the end.
              Well then, get some more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodamachine View Post
                People are free to go wherever. We have no rights, nor do we plan to force people where to go.

We both like Minecraft.
                We both like Touhou.

Why fight?
                I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to split my time evenly between two things.

I'm a terrible person >:

In any case, after the shenanigans on this server with Remi and people, I can't say that I didn't feel the broship in the server, amongst the regulars, at least.

Comment

Working...
                X