X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herp Derp Feelings Werp

I really love this server, like, REALLY love this server. I joined THC towards the end (mid July), and it was very fun, I still got the occasional feeling that something was "off" about it, now clearly there was, but I didn't know anybody well enough for them to really tell me about it. Soon enough, it got shut down and all.

eventually during January, I learn about this place. Yeah yeah yeah, this place is great, but let me inform you on why I think so.

First off, the "Customer Service," What I mean by this is that the mods/builders/etc are all very helpful, and will even go out of their way when busy to help you. They are nice friendly, and have a sense of humor. Did I mention they have very good constructive criticism? They do. They aren't dicks, but they tell you and help you with projects. They don't say "this is a shit" they say, "You know what would be better?" or "Do it this way because X Y Z"

Next: "The Customers." Yes, our usergroup is, as stated by another, very mature, despite having conflicts, we take it easy. I hear that's what YC was founded for. Taking it easy. Some thing goes wrong? Oh, no problem, there's a fix for it. Oh? someone is threatening us? We'll take it easy, and assess the situation in a very controlled, collected manor. This is also referring to how great the mods and such handle things, but I'm also giving props to the users, for not making mass panic about events that seem catastrophic.

Next: The Laws, The enforcement: plain and simple, this place is run beautifully from my perspective, Even if there is scary internal stuff going on, you keep it internal, and don't freak out the public,I assume here, that you handle internal conflict as mature and orderly as you do on the outside. you keep your shit together so you never have to get your shit together.

Democracy: If there is a conflict, The first thing the person I "disagree" with does is "Shall we take a vote?" that is very fair, and completely reasonable.
    If you want your build featured in gensokyo, It can be submitted to mods and builders for consideration.

Last but not least:

Humor: There is a time and place for everything, and I am very glad that a large percentage of it is Making each other laugh!

Touhou: obviously.

I shed a few imaginary tears reading this ^^

I'm glad the way YC's been going is keeping the userbase happy. At the end of the day, like I mention in my introductory post, the server is here to keep the community happy. Gensokyo is nice and all, but the server was founded by friends, for friends. Staying in touch, laughing with, and keeping real, live, human friends is way more important than completing a recreation of a fictional universe.

Comment

Working...
    X