X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing Easycraft!

Welcome to Easycraft, a Yukkuricraft-themed Remix of LithiumSound's Greatwood Texturepack, intended purely for use on the server. Greatwood's creative license allows for anybody to edit this texture pack, provided they link it back to the original owner, so I'm guessing I'm in the clear unless I've derped up somewhere. The texture pack will reference the shenanigans that happen in the Mumble. The pack will be avaliable for download once I sink a few more hours into it.

Greatwood here:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...od-r4j-191012/

Why a Remix?
    This is actually my first attempt at pixel art, so I'm trying to start off nice and slow. Greatwood provides a nice, mellow and soft base that remains faithful to the original vanilla texturepack, and I'll mostly be editing the items anyway. The aim is to eventually modify Greatwood/Easycraft into a completely independent pack over the course of a few months (I do have a life.)

Why make another Touhou-themed Texture Pack when we already have Touhoucraft?
    Well, in my opinion, Touhoucraft is a little too rich in colour and sometimes too much detail is crammed into one block. I've always been a sucker for muted, soft colour palettes and Easycraft is both simplistic, easy to understand, and most importantly doesn't oversaturate one's eyes with colour. Additionally, some items in Touhoucraft are often confusing to first-timers, as they only bear a passing resemblance to the item they are there to represent- this is particularly prevalent with sword weaponry. Easycraft aims not to turn every single item into a Touhou reference, but will do so for items that can still be easily identified. (e.g. Sword of Hisou for Golden Sword)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    STICK IT IN THE TEXTUREPACKS

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwbircub2wkzk7b

New! Get EasyCraft - Fall Edition here! Skybox issues should bre resolved!

EASYCRAFT 0.0.48

- Fixed Wood Tiling for Oak and Birch textures
    - Made Gold Ore not stupid-looking
    - Made Emerald Ore not stupid-looking

- Hakutaku Cows
    - Upgraded Creeper
    - Rabbit Slimes

- New CTMs for stone, moss stone, cobblestone, stone brick, cracked stone bricks, mossy stone bricks, and all ores. To use CTMs, you require Optifine or MCPatcher.

- Reverted all weapons back to their Greatwood equivalents because they look cooler that way

I should post some screenies up.

TODO:
    Maybe attempt to tackle the ores- right now they're looking pretty gay.
    Darken netherbrick
    poop
    Last edited by MyHatismyFriend; 05-16-2013, 06:09 AM.

It sounds nice I can't wait to see it =^_^=

Comment

Golden voice Kilel boxes to play golden voice Kilel's golden music disc
      I'm stalker :3

Comment

Exp orbs looking like power cubes would be nice.

Comment

Hot damn that was fast xD

Good job, Hat! Lovin' what you have so far :3 Can't wait for a download!

Comment

Again, if anybody has any more suggestions, feel free to post them in here.

Comment

Not to be a jerk or anything, but this "Golden Voice Kilel" and McNuggies thing is really getting old and bothersome.

Looks... alright, so far. I'd like to see more paintings.

Comment

Noted. I might scrap the McNuggie thing, but I'm not sure what to do about the jukebox, so unless anybody has an idea, it's staying the same for now.

As for the paintings, I am planning on turning all paintings into Touhou-themed ones.

Comment

Make the biggest painting one of Remi <3

Comment

Check first post for changelog.

Comment

I suggest using yukkuris for the health bar.

Comment

^ And Yukkuri Teruyo for the hardcore bar!

How about changing the mobs textures into Touhou characters? Yuyuko-pigs, Mouko-sheep, Keine-cows, Yoshika-zombies, etc?

Comment

EXP bar as "touhou 12.3 - hisoutensoku" life bar.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So much that.
                            The best maid you'll ever find. Period.

Comment

and the chests or dispenser can be based from "hakurei shrine" donation box

(thats the donation box if you didt know...)

Comment

Working...
                              X