X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Computer Sama-Lama Desu!

Most of you know but I've been saving up for a new computer for a while now. I recently got my mom to let me use some of the money from my bank account that my Grandma left for me so i'll be buying all the parts soon :3 But then i lost the chack >.< But then i found it again! Anyway soon as the guy who is ganna help me put it together gets here to take a look at all the parts i was planning to buy i can order them <3 I'LL NEVER PLAY WITH 2 FPS AGAIN YEAHH @$%$@?! THOESE @#$^& AWW YEAH SON!!.....

I'm very sorry you had to see that. Anywho i'm ganna be busyy redownloading pretty much everything i have on my computer (Accept logmeinhamachi because it's useless USELESS I SAY)

I'll finally be able to play a lot more games with you guys, Borderlands 2, TERA rising, Team Fortress 2, ect

Sadly i won't be able to buy games for a while since every dime i earn is going to replace the bank money but meh WORTH IT!!!

What are the parts you're going for again?

Comment

Getting a new computer is something I need to do as well.

Well, maybe not that, but I do need a new motherboard. Two of my RAM slots blew out, so I"m only running at half the speed I used to.

I'm just lucky that the whole thing didn't die.

Anyways, good luck with the new computer and playing games at their maximum settings!
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

The Last ones Worstcase posted on the "OVER KILL?" thread i posted a while back. it costs around $955 + Shipping. I have $970 in my lil money box.

Comment

Eh, weren't those parts Intel based? Don't get me wrong, intel is great, but expensive. You can get same specs for AMD at couple hundred dollars cheaper. Technically, Intel is better for "reliability" and some minor advantages that both intel and amd have, but if you're making a budget computer and don't have a whole lot of money available, AMD will give a much larger bang for your buck.

Comment

Ehh... you're waiting til now to tell me this? ^^; I'm having a few people in my family who work on computers for a living give me advice on this as well but... The specs on the computer worst posted looked pretty good to me. Granted i am very computer retarded.

Comment

I mentioned the price vs performance a couple of times in the thread and even used it as my main argument for using an AMD build ^^;;

Comment

ehhhh.... at some point me you worst and anyone who is interested should sit down and i'll just let you debate which one is better XD Could you post it again so i can compare specs?

Comment

On phone atm so it's a bit harder but I'll do it when i get home. Also I can easily get same specs for cheaper or better specs for same price, but there's like a tiny chance that AMD hardware may be DOB (dead out of box) meaning it doesn't function straight out from the box. However, you can get replacements for free. It happens with intel as well, as it does with any maker, but between AMD and intel, AMD has a slighty higher rate. However once everything is up and running, both makers have a good track record for longetivity.

Comment

uhhh........ so one has better specs the other lasts longer with slightly worse specs?

Erm well with the build i was buying would i still be able to play any game i wanted on max settings or would it have problems?

Comment

For the most part, unless you're doig some crazy stuff with your hardware or overclocking it all the ime, you literally will not notice the difference between AMD and Intel. That being said, for you, getting an Intel or AMD will not matter in terms of the minutia. That being said, the only difference you WILL notice is that you're paying $100-200 more for an Intel rig of the same specs as that of an AMD.

Comment

Well i already got all the money.... I don't see why i shouldn't get it if it will work for what i need.

Comment

Congrats!!!
                          You must feel really happy!
                          That's good!
                          (Reminded of me when I changed my old Athlon XP to my modern Bulldozer)
                          BTW: Shall the gaming begin!
                          Doom Evil Unleashed
                          A Doom mod where I used to help, but I got kick out.
                          Why?
                          Because I overwork.

Comment

Would you rather get 5 candy bars for $2 or 10 candy bars for $2?

I mean, sure. You have $2 so you can settle for 5 if you want. But what I'm saying is that you have the option to get 10 of them if you so wished.

Comment

Yeah i get what you're saying but like... You said the build you're using now ran all your games on max settings with no problem right?

Ok well With the parts i was planning to get how would the specs match up to yours? And how much better would they be if i got the other kind of computer?

Comment

Working...
                              X