X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress on RTY 2.0?

So, there have been hardly any word on how its going with RTY 2.0. So how is it going you ask. Well, I've been quite busy as if late and haven't gotten as much time as I would like to work on everything. Yesterday I finally got around to working on it again tough after all that time of everything standing still.

Then the quest data got corrupted and deleted pretty much everything.

So, I'm taking this as a chance of fixing past mistakes and making things better. I am however also using this a chance to reconsider how the pack will be released. The original plan was to release the whole pack with most baseline quest in place. I would then make a few updates that added things like Heaven, Makai and another secret. I guess you could call them expansions.

Now however I am considering to release the pack with more frequent but smaller updates. I would also device the main questline in this way, meaning that all the quests wouldn't be avalibe at the beginning. There could also he more bugs and rebalancing trougout the updates.

So, I want to know which approach you guys would like.
    I want the whole pack at once with expansions.
    25.00%
    I want the pack in smaller, more frequent updates.
    75.00%
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Progress on RTY 2.0?

I would try getting something semi-substantial before the initial release (like, maybe half of the entire main genso questline) so that people have a lot to do, even while waiting for updates. After that, smaller incremental updates would be fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Remi

What you described is basically the first option. Only thing that sets it apart is that it includes harder quests/more diversity. This have also been the original plan, and it's what I am going to do if the first option is the winner.

Oh, and there won't be any issues with beeing done with the quests. I plan to make them so that many of them are designed to be done more than once. That's at least how all the quests that will be included in the first small will be laid out.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as I, the pretty princess Kaguya, have control over all of Gensokyo, I see no problem with it either way.
          I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
            I guess you could call them expansions.
            RTY DLC confirmed
            w-what is this autism aura??
            if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
            our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Working...
            X