X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Rules

Posting: No spam, it's simple, if you have spam, take it to the Spambox, it's there for a reason. As for what spam is, if the post is meaningless, doesn't contribute, completely off topic, simply flaming, trolling, etc, it is considered spam. Obviously some posts will go offtrack and that is expected, but continuing that derailment for several posts (half dozen or so), you will be warned and posts deleted. Please do not make multiple, meaningless posts right after one another. Use the edit button.

Thread Title: Thread titles must be descriptive. We have to be able to tell the jest of your thread with the thread title. Do not make threads called "FUUUU" and "YAY I DID IT!" you will be warned and eventually temporarily banned if you do this continuously. Also cliffhanger thread titles are not allowed, such as "What if.." or "If only.." as they fall under the same reason; un-descriptive.

Placement: Make sure the thread you are posting actually goes with the subforum you're posting it in. If you want to share Touhou related content with everyone, it goes in Touhou Media Share. If you want to show us a funny video about a cat punching a dog, it goes in Non-Touhou Media Share. This includes all sorts of media including news, articles, games, rumors, etc.

Respect: I doubt I have to say this but respect each other people. Don't go trolling to piss people off. Also, respect the staff, they're there for a reason. Finally if you have complaints about the site/server, please don't complain to me about how the site sucks. Take it to the Suggestions Forum and do it there in a polite manner pl0x, if you start flaming at me I'll simply close the thread and ignore it.

NSFW content: It's not hard, spoiler it and leave a warning beforehand saying what the NSFW content is, if the content is extremely NSFW (gore, disturbing, etc) LINK IT, do NOT post images with the [img] tag.

Thread Necromancy: I don't think we'll have to worry about this for awhile but remember, if you revive an old thread (a month or older) then you better be either asking a meaningful question or updating with new information. Thread Necromancy will result in a warning on the spot if the post is not relevant or not providing new information.

Banning: There is no such thing as an insta-ban, save for one case, but in general a ban will not be issued by staff until looked upon on a case-by-case basis. Every rule you break here will give you infraction points. How many points you get for breaking a rule depends on how severe the case was. If you get 10 infraction points you get banned for a week. These infraction points expire after 3 months. If a user is banned several we might consider a perma-ban.

Torrents: Touchy issue, but we're in the greenzone, you MAY, as in, you are allowed to post torrents as attachments or otherwise link them. The servers are not based on US if I remember correctly, but if we get a Cease and Desist warning, we will immediately remove the said torrent.

Signature Size: This one is quite easy. Nothing bigger than Remi's signature. First offence will simply be a staff telling you, second offense will be a warning, third one infraction, past that we reserve the right to ban you.

Unwelcome Solicitations: Please do not advertise when people aren't interested. Advertising your latest video on youtube is fine. Asking people if they want to join you on another server for a little bit is fine. Trying to get people in on your ponzi scheme, mindlessly and forcefully asking people to sign up for some unrelated and unwanted website or other menial "human tasks" and other unwanted and forced solicitations are not allowed. Please use common sense.

Final Rule: Remember guys, this forum is for fun, SO GO HAVE FUN!!! (but respect the rules)

The rules are simple, they're common sense, and I'm not asking for anything extreme, please respect and follow them.
    Last edited by Katrix; 05-20-2015, 04:05 PM.

These are just temporary rules, and will be discussed and re-worked to fit our use.
    I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

Well, I edited them for our usage but I'm always open to revisions xD

Comment

There is also no proper rule explaining our view on pirating and stuff.
        Torrent isnt automaticly illegal material.

Comment

Well I say that you're allowed to post torrents, regardless of what the content. Just saying we'll be removing things if we're asked to.

Comment

Welp, so much trying to be a serious community, no wonder why eastern touhou community isnt that fond of us western...

But I guess I just have to roll with it.

Comment

Added some more rules to the posting category:

Thread titles must be descriptive. We have to be able to tell the jest of your thread with the thread title. Do not make threads called "FUUUU" and "YAY I DID IT!" you will be warned and eventually temporarily banned if you do this continuously.

Make sure the thread you are posting actually goes with the subforum you're posting it in. If you want to share Touhou related content with everyone, it goes in Touhou Media Share. If you want to show us a funny video about a cat punching a dog, it goes in Non-Touhou Media Share. This includes all sorts of media including news, articles, games, rumors, etc.
              Please make a forum announcement so that everyone will know about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
                Added some more rules to the posting category:

Please make a forum announcement so that everyone will know about them.
                I'd think this would be common sense. Then again I think a lot of things should be.
                The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

Yeah well I've had to tell people to do this constantly for the past few weeks. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing this.

Comment

Well, in the users' defense, I've only seen it happen two or three times over the past month...

I'll do the announcement when I get home. Still at work.

Comment

I don't see why any defending needs to happen. For a forum community as small as this one it shouldn't be too hard to use common sense, as Fettman said.

Comment

You go to reddit, and you see someone say: OMG WATCH THIS and you click it.

It's NSFW.
                        You get in trouble.
                        WTF.

This is probably not as good an argument but hey.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Is it possible to make private threads?
                          And if so, can only higher ranks like Remi or Keychain make them, or could even a junior member make one?
                          Last edited by 99465; 07-04-2013, 06:21 PM. Reason: Extending the question =P
                          Originally posted by Mogeko
                          Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                          Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                          Praise be to prosciutto.
                          ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                          Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

These rules are considered outdated as of this post.

Please see the New House Rules for latest rules.

Comment

Working...
                            X