X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Chatbox

I'm not sure if it's possible but how about a chatbox so we can chat with everyone. If it's not possible then that's ok. I figure I ask anyways.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

it is a good idea, since we may have quick things to say, and it avoids double posting
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Most people use mumble for that
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

and mumble is what exactly?
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

VIoP. Basically Skype, but group chat. And it isn't under surveillance by NSA.
          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

and there's one for here i'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zekai View Post
              and there's one for here i'm guessing.
              Yes :3
              http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...-have-a-mumble!
              My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
              Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

But having something on site will be better for those who don't want to download it and still want to chat.

Comment

After doing some research I have realized THAT, there is no default way to actually get a chatroom, which makes VBulletin dumb. I feel that invision power services inc has a lot more stuff, like chat, being able to make websites, and download management. Only problem though is the price, WHICH I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE. BBut then again, it's going to be a complete time waster actually setting up the pages, forum sections, moving all the people over there, copying some threads, etc etc that will actually make remi say "uguu, I'll rather not." Although he MIGHT consider it a good idea, It's going to pain in the ass and ALL of the staff will be lazy to do it.

NOTE: Found the price, it depends how many users will be online at once, assuming there is 40 people online at once, price will be 30$/month, if 65, then 45$/month. Okay, now assuming that he buys a license, He has to buy the REQUIRED Core + ip.board which is 175$, with 25$ 6 month renewal, and 20 users in the ip.chat, that will be 10$ every 6 months, which at the end brings a price oooooof ... 185$ with 35$ 6 month renewal. Now, to compare the price of vBulletin® Version 4.1.4, it's... FREE. Seriously, VBulletin version 4.1.4 is a beta version and assuming it's this http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...e-for-download then it's free at no cost. This also explains a few stuff. Oh well, didn't realize until I searched it up. Still, buying from http://www.invisionpower.com/buy does seem to have a few advantages to VBulletin but at the expense of 6 month renewals.
                  Last edited by mamizou; 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Or we could just set up a IRC.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

I could actually set up an IRC easily enough, but that begs the question: Why not just set up and install mumble then? Not everyone has IRC and tbh, I think IRC is a bit more daunting than mumble.

Comment

what about this chat? its on browser itself, but idk what program it uses, I didn´t have to install anything for it to appear
                        example.jpg
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

That's a plugin on the forums and I'd rather no install a forum chatbox due to prior experience with them. Again, I don't see why taking 30 seconds to install Mumble is such a big issue. You can chat, use voice if you want, and even post images on mumble without having to link.

Comment

oh so I can chat by writing instead of using voice? (laptop can´t work with microphone and related ^^; )

Spoiler:

Comment

there are alot of people who don't talk in mumble. It's just kinda nice to hear those who can sometimes.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Working...
                              X