X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locale exposure to everyone.

This was per MuffinPimp's request, but since I don't know how comfortable people are with it, I'm asking here.

Because we have more and more foreign players visiting the server, I'm guessing that Muffin felt that we should try to speak in their native language if we can.
    That said, the client actually sends data in which language the client is play in, and therefore, I can get the language the player is using and using that, we can guess what language the player plays with. I feel that this is a good idea, but also a bad one, because then it makes us (as the entire server) look like we're trying to single out all the foreigners. What do you guys think?
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

You know I never understood the reasoning behind this part whenever I see it:
    because then it makes us (as the entire server) look like we're trying to single out all the foreigners.
    Because the way I see it is an attempt for "the server" to allow everyone to communicate regardless of any language barriers...though it would be interesting with the translation between languages...

Comment

Isn't there a way to make it so that, when someone joins the server, it also tells what country they're connecting from? Kinda like source servers. "Keychain has connected from United States." Stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
        Isn't there a way to make it so that, when someone joins the server, it also tells what country they're connecting from? Kinda like source servers. "Keychain has connected from United States." Stuff like that.
        I can't really do that because then it would require me to make a way to look up the person's IP address, which can actually be incorrect because of the whole "IPv4 exhaustion".

edit: For about 5 minutes, it works. Proof of concept, just ask Bebatch or mrpie. I can't override HeroChat because HeroChat is bully.
        Last edited by Tenko; 09-07-2013, 06:11 PM.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X