X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mob Arena - Gensokyo Edition

So I was thinking about things I could try to throw into our server for some fun, and I came up with a couple of ideas but the most probable and easiest to do (because I've done it before) was MobArena. For those who don't know what MobArena is, think of games like Nazi Zombies, BoxHead or any other wave-based survival game. With MobArena, there are rewards I can configure for completion of waves and slaying of bosses. On top of that, I configure several different "classes" people can play as. Some common ones are: tanks, archers, knights, summoners and healers.

With MobArena, and our current Gensokyo, I was thinking of incorporating the two together to create a sort of "Gensokyo Survival" sort of game where we have different "maps" you can join (called "arenas") and you survive in certain locations for however long. If anyone's played Nazi Zombies, think of how the zombie maps are based off of campaign and multiplayer maps. Some minor edits will be done to each location to prevent escape and make the location smaller, but the general gameplay will be based in a certain location.

On top of that, I was thinking that with the additional implementation of villagers and such, I could set up "upgrades" and "resupplies" for users to prolong gameplay and combat more difficult waves.

Finally: High scores!

Actually, now that I think of it, this would basically be a full blown game within minecraft that you could spend a lot of time on.

Of course, the question now is how lazy will I be and how much interest would this sort of minigame have?

Remember, the main points to this are:
    1. Wave-based survival game
    2. Possible upgrades to weapons and armor as well as resupplies
    3. Maps will be based off of Gensokyo locations
    4. Actual survival rewards (Though there's the question of who actually needs it with survival being so easy already :P)
    5. A scoreboard with the best players in each arena!

Vote on how interested you guys are!
    I'M THROWING MONEY AT MY MONITOR AND NOTHING'S HAPPENING ALL OF MY YES
    47.73%
    That would be pretty cool. I'll probably check it out.f
    36.36%
    I guess that's cool, though I probably won't participate
    9.09%
    wtf dude are you high
    6.82%

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
    [*]Actual survival rewards (Though there's the question of who actually needs it with survival being so easy already :P)
    If you do it, do it with the 1.7 update. That way, we can have survival reset. Also make it so creepers actually explode and damage buildings!

Comment

Do we have any estimated dates for official 1.7 release? Depending on that, I might hold off because this WILL take me AT LEAST two weeks to set up properly and have more than one map ready at launch. If it's going to be like early november, I might just take the extra month to make like 6-7 full maps and completely rework the config files (as opposed to edit my old configs). Creepers probably won't damage the map as getting that sorted out is a pain in the ass. (Sometimes, the plugin glitches and doesn't roll back creeper damage at the end of the game and mods have to come in and manually fix)

Comment

Sounds interesting. I like these sort of things, but I don't really participate in them unless I actually have time. In fact I need to get back onto the server sometime...

Comment

I mean creepers damaging the survival map, not Gensokyo. :V

Muffin keeps yelling at me how creepers can be used to grief other players so I guess just settle for making them damage but not damage the world.
          Last edited by Keychain; 09-20-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Remi, was this idea possibly an offshoot of the idea I was proposing? Just curious :P

Comment

Not necessarily, but I have been thinking about mini games and additions since our little talk :P

Comment

Is that so~?

Well I for one love this concept since it seems a lot like the other concept.
                Would it be possible to make a very small prototype to start with?

Comment

'Tis quite the idea. I'd would certainly make this one of my top priority endeavors. (^O^)
                  The best maid you'll ever find. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakuya Izayoi View Post
                    'Tis quite the idea. I'd would certainly make this one of my top priority endeavors. (^O^)

sorry couldn't resist.

Anyway I would then wonder how else this could be rigged up...
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-20-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I'm would like this MobArena idea. It adds to what we can do on this server. Mainly because of the shenanigans caused by bordom.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeahs

Comment

I vote yes to this idea, classic mob arenas.
                          On a side note, might I suggest that we do something Touhou related? Maybe danmaku obstacle course or something like that.

Comment

Well it is in a version of Gensokyo, so I guess that counts

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

should we start building mob area maps? we could do some based on gensokyo.

Comment

Working...
                              X