Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disconnected by server / Outdated Server!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnected by server / Outdated Server!

The version of Minecraft on your server is 1.6.2. Mine is 1.6.4. So this error message came up when I tried to join your server. You may need to update your server. But does it explain things that I'm running Minecraft on a Mac? And even if I had joined, could I have gotten very far? Not if you guys implemented that "quiz" you were talking about almost two months ago. From the looks of what you were discussing, I wouldn't have gotten past even question 1. You may want to just make sure players are registered with your forum before letting them in instead of making them take that crazy-ass quiz. But sorry for necro-posting on that thread; this is the very first proper forum I've joined and I don't know the rules of forums.

I have sadface,
    The Bathead
    Originally posted by JesusOfNazareth
    Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
    And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

No we don't need to upgrade (though Remi has said we'll be doing so)
    You need to down grade. (The launcher has profiles, edit one and select 1.6.2 as the version you want to run)
    Also that maze thing was a joke, it was never implemented.

Also yeah..I could tell your new to forums in general.
    General tip: don't write posts with part of it in the title. (this is about your other posts) people generally don't use titles in posts that aren't the Original Post (OP) of a thread. And they don't tend to look at the title area.

This is true for any vBulletin forum. (I can say I'm now part of 2, PSO-W and this. If you got yer feet wet in PSO-W's PSO2 section, you'd learn fast how to be in a forum. in there, you get burned if you go about things stupidly.)
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-28-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

...Figures. That quiz thing had to be a joke.

But without it, how do you guys stop some random guy from getting on and griefing the server because he hates Touhou or w/e?

Took me a few minutes to figure out how to select 1.6.2. But I did.

And way to ruin my fun. I like putting titles on normal posts.
      Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
      And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

Comment

Once you get in you should be directed to a mini quiz thing that is just a small handful of multi choice questions. you have to answer them all right to proceed. if you get one wrong your sent back to the first.

And aye...the titles don't really get used. but it's tradition.

I went through the fires of the flame wars of PSO-W.
        I came out with the ultimate definition of "Take it Easy."
        And because of that, even though nearly every thread of the PSO2 section of PSO-W forums erupts into a flamewar, I know how to not add fuel to it...
        to a degree. Some days better than others =w=;
        ...and I think even some people here could learn a bit from those forums.
        And even Mabinogi Elf VS Giant PVP helps teach how to not be high strung on the internet. Cause if ya are, the trolls will burn ya more.
        Screaming bloody murder to get someone to stop in the PVP in mabi gets ya no where =w=... I learned that the hard way.
        I used to be high strung, will-descend-upon-thee-and-sound-all-high-n'-mighty-as-though-I-was-better-than-u-lol
        Then I got camped in a corner of Dunbarton (the main center town in Mabi).
        And in mabi, when ya get camped.
        that's it.
        you can't do ANYTHING.
        cause PVP worked like this: you get killed, you revive with half health and half of your health is under "injured status" which means you can't easily heal it.
        get killed a second time, revive with 1 health and the rest is injured status.
        killed once more, deadly status can heal to 1 health (deadly is like less than 1 health, anything can kill)
        so, when ya revive in PVP, you revive on the spot...so...
        campers just gotta use range or AoE melee or Magic (same as ranged but with 100% hit rate) and can keep you down.
        Also you can't turn off pvp while dead, and you can't access the options menu to turn it off, plus if you tried to in the brief moment you come back alive, it closes again when you die again.
        Case and point: I used to be one of those people that used to just scream at the person camping me to stop, going along the lines of "STOP! GOD DAMMIT!" *insert occasional insult etc.*
        And that got me no where, if anything made it worse.
        End result, I adopted the ultimate "take it easy" attitude and whenever I get camped I just go "Oi, ok I'm done mate, I gotta run, been fun." or something along those lines and then everything settles itself peacefully.

Anyway, rant done.
        and I digressed enough...
        ...actually I forgot what my point was with that story =w=;
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-28-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

It looks like the questions are based on the ten rules set out at the start point. But I'm having trouble pressing the buttons. The sign says "If you can't press the button, relog." What's that supposed to mean? The only thing I could think of it meaning would be "log out and back in," which I did and still couldn't press the buttons. Do I have to not have anything equipped? Be standing right up against the buttons? Or does "relog" mean something I'm blanking on?

Comment

are you right clicking?

Comment

I'd never used buttons before in Minecraft so I didn't know to right click. Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks to your advice, I answered all the questions successfully and entered the server!

Thanks!
              The Bathead

Comment

Problem resolved.

-Thread Closed-

Comment

Working...
                X