Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very silly idea for a promotional video!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very silly idea for a promotional video!

So I was having a few beers and listening to Magnum Opus while playing on the server and a funny thought occurred to me.

So, you made the tour of Gensokyo video to show off what you've done and advertise the server a bit and that's cool. You see everything, the shaders look nice and everything is lush. The video is a bit long though and it's just Remi flying around.

(stick with me one this one guys)

So, I also was watching a couple of people have a danmaku fight the other day and it looked pretty cool. Just loads of snowballs flying around but still, it evoked this feeling inside me! I had an idea!

(okay, this is it, hold your breath)

So my crazy idea was to recreate the journey of one of the games, with players acting (ie shooting danmaku), wearing the correct skin and standing in the right area.

It would just be Reimu flying around to a location, danmaku fight with someone then flying on in time to some musical score. My initial thought was about Imperishable Night timed to (since I was listening to it at the time) Magnum Opus' Imperishable Sin and Millennium History (or rather the medley that is Track 2 Disc 2).

It could be done in a serious cool style (with tasty texture packs and someone with a spankingly high-end graphics card) or funny spoof style (with Tewi spewing carrots over Reimu for example).

Anyway, that's my hair brained idea. I thought it might make for cool vids the server can use as advertising, and split the locations being shown into the games they feature in.

Please feel free to either steal this idea or say it's rubbish and vomit on it.

A good idea, but as for execution, I say maybe.

Comment

Good idea. Ask Remi for the high graphics. People say he has like, a super computer. : ^ )

Comment

If it's the shaders you after I think you have to ask me or Remi. I deliver the shaders, he modifies them for the video.

As for the idea. It sounds good, but I think it might be hard to actually do.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

Whoevee records will want to do the recording. Transfering dozens of gigabytes is a bit tedious :P

I like the idea. I'll see what I cando

Comment

Working...
          X