Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may just be me, but I feel that 100KB is far too small for avatars that are allowed to be up to 250x250. I would suggest raising that limit, just to allow it to transition better. Some of the Gif avatars I want to use just can't be made small enough and it's a pain, I'm sure some others may have ran into this problem as well.

-

just my 2 cents.
    "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Personally I think this isn't too important. Considering that you change your avatar pretty much every day I think that's why you feel that it's too small. Besides, personally I don't want to see flashing avatar gifs or things like that. Another thing to take into consideration is that some of us brows the forums with phones and if every person on a page have a 2mb avatars and there is 5 people then that means that's 10 mb. For someone like me that have a 100 mb limit that's simply too much.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Not exactly going for flashy, but you do bring a valid point. I forgot that some people do use phones on forums.

Ah well, anyone else have input?

Comment

I believe the forum system themselves limit the avatar size.

Comment

For what I know, the forum systems have standard limits like hat said
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I can vouch for that. Though certain things can be changed and limited, I'm pretty certain that the file sizes are standard issue. I can't really say for avatars cause the other forum I was in limited them to stock avatars. Imagine being able to only pick through every character portrait art of Touhou characters instead of custom. That's how it works in PSO-World.
            Though Signatures you can put w/e image you want unlike here.
            It's like total opposites in that regard between PSO-World and this.

Comment

I've used vbulletin before as an Admin, and you can indeed change the file size. It's pretty easy to customize as well.

Comment

I use a phone to go on the forums and it's laggy at that. Don't make it laggier than it already is ._.

Comment

The size limit is perfectly fine the way it is, infact it's probably bigger than most sites regularly tolerate.

Comment

So...it's bigger than 200MB?

But seeing as I'm fighting a losing battle here, teh mighty mods may lock this thread.

Comment

Though I do understand your point and agree to a certain extent, I will echo that many users (including myself) view the forum through phones or other non-computer mediums. That being said, data plans are a bitch and a half to pay for some of us.

But yeah, I did actually raise the limit from the standard 64kb to 100kb so I figure that should be enough. I'd also rather not have gifs in avatars anyway.
                      Also tell me of one forum that allows avatars to go up to 200mb, lol. They're doing it wrong if they allow that. Also, bandwidth. We are hosting off of a webhost with caps, lol

Comment

^New comedy show: Two-and-a-half b*tch?

GIFs in avatar doesn't work. Trust me, I was an admin in a forum too. 100kb is fine for all your daily avatar needs.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                          Though I do understand your point and agree to a certain extent, I will echo that many users (including myself) view the forum through phones or other non-computer mediums. That being said, data plans are a bitch and a half to pay for some of us.

But yeah, I did actually raise the limit from the standard 64kb to 100kb so I figure that should be enough. I'd also rather not have gifs in avatars anyway.
                          Also tell me of one forum that allows avatars to go up to 200mb, lol. They're doing it wrong if they allow that. Also, bandwidth. We are hosting off of a webhost with caps, lol
                          The forum was mine, naturally, it was only a few friends and myself who were on it for just some RP shenanigans. Great place, makes me sad I shut it down.{I also hosted it myself, so that could explain a few things.}

But I understand your point, although I have seen a few forums with 120 KB size, but then again, their avatar sizes were 80x80 or 100x100. Sacrifice one for the other I guess they did.

Comment

I would be stuck loading the forums forever if there was such a high limit. What image uses 200 mb anyway. That have to be some super detailed NASA map I guess.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

There are nasa maps that take upwards of 12gb :P

Comment