X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech Support

(If this exists already, delete this thread for redundancy.)

Have a problem with minecraft not wanting to run?
    Can't join the server because of mysterious dialogue boxes that seem to appear as of magic?

Post yer technical difficulties here.
    Someone with a brain will eventually help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~~Guidelines for posts~~----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you do post a problem, be descriptive. Screenshots and thorough descriptions going step-by-step on how you arrive at the error and some basic configurations of settings are key to solving problems

merely posting "I can't connect to the server."
    Is useless. There are as many factors as there are lines of code.
    For example, with this problem it might be
    - you're running the wrong version of minecraft
    - Your firewall is blocking it.
    - Administrator privileges for it to connect to the internet may not have been granted
    - Your wireless card is broken
    - Your Ethernet cable is somehow not connected correctly
    - Your internet company is conspiring against you
    - The Sun and the Moon are not Aligned with Pluto and Uranus.
    - You do not have the proper drivers for some reason.
    - Your computer is not on.
    - It was a figment of your imagination.
    - you have a space in the IP address for the server
    - A file is corrupt.
    - The cake is a lie

This list can keep going for all eternity if need-be
    But the point is clear: make detailed posts of your problem or else we can't help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~~Problem Description Template~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary of Problem:

Step-by-step list of actions you took: (EXAMPLE: opened minecraft > Logged in > running version 1.6.2 > clicked multiplayer > clicked direct connect > typed in mc.yukaricraft.edu> clicked join > Got error message 404 an error haz okuued: You lost the game on easy modo)

Screenshots: (for people that have no idea: you can upload pictures to your Yukkuricraft profile and then copy the link from there to here)

Additional information: (i.e. anti-virus software type, operating system, your minecraft settings, etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~~---------------------------------~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solutions can then be derived easier from this.
    for example: using the step-by-step we can see there's two issues:
    1) Version 1.6.2 instead of 1.6.4 which the server is on at the time of this example
    2) mc.yukaricraft.edu instead of mc.yukkuricraft.net
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM.

For some reason, I feel that if your ethernet isn't connected or your network card is broken, minecraft will be the least of your worries :P

Comment

Aye aye XD
      But stranger things have been known to happen...I should know from what I've seen in the PSO2 tech support of PSO-World Forums...

Sometimes I wonder if the people that have problems in there should even be using a computer o.e;

Comment

halp mai ey deleete systen32 nd compootur kant boot.

Now that le trelling is out of the way, glhf with this.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

@ Tenko

try ze thowing of it out ze window,
          da ze.

But luckily this is a smaller forum than PSO-World =w=; This woulda seen like 5 pages worth of posts by now if it was as big.

Comment

Try wiping a powerful earth magnet across your harddrive, but make sure it's left to right.

Comment

Cicero's guide to problems:

High-tech problem? Use low-tech solution. i.e. smash it with a hammer!
              Low-tech problem? Use High-tech solution. i.e. hard drive broken? launch it with a cannon!

What does this solve?
              everything.

Comment

Working...
              X