X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intoductory Title

So since every Touhou is introduced with a title such as "An Ordinary Black Magician: Marisa Kirisame" I thought it might be cool if you could set an introductory title that shows every time you log on after a certain period. This message should only show if you havn't been online for something like 6 or 12 hours so that people with d/c issues don't spam the chat.

Tell me what you think

I like the idea but I'm not entirely sure if it's worth the configuration for each individual user. Also, I or someone else would probably need to code it up. I'll look on bukkit first, though

Comment

Originally posted by Imosa View Post
      So since every Touhou is introduced with a title such as "An Ordinary Black Magician: Marisa Kirisame" I thought it might be cool if you could set an introductory title that shows every time you log on after a certain period. This message should only show if you havn't been online for something like 6 or 12 hours so that people with d/c issues don't spam the chat.

Tell me what you think
      It would be difficult to design a way to filter through all the usernames and decide which user has been offline for more then 6 hours.
      It would also lag like hell since you would need to heavily multithread it, unless you want everyone's "has visited and said things" to just die all at once.
      My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
      Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
        It would be difficult to design a way to filter through all the usernames and decide which user has been offline for more then 6 hours.
        It would also lag like hell since you would need to heavily multithread it, unless you want everyone's "has visited and said things" to just die all at once.
        We already looks up information on individual users every time the server announces how much time we've spent online. The titles would could be stored in the same place, so the server shouldn't have to do any more searching then it does right now.

Comment

Interesting Idea, for Touhou name/skin users especially, but will be difficult to collect all the titles
          Buy overpriced unecessary Junk or GTFO :3

Comment

How would we choose these titles?
            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

-snip-
              Last edited by MuffinPimp; 02-16-2015, 03:36 AM.
              All I can say
              Is that my life is pretty plain
              You don't like my point of view
              You think that I'm insane
              It's not sane... it's not sane.

Comment

You only need a /settitle command, since resetting is just setting what has already been set once. Also a function to /unset your title would be nice but that might just be entering a blank title.

Comment

Working...
                X