X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the forum

Since a few days ago, I keep being annoyed by the "adult cat finder" popup thing whenever I visit the forum homepage.
    And since I don't know if it is something on my computer or on the forum, I'm asking about it to be sure.
    I don't know if it is harmful, but even if it isn't it kind of annoys me.

So, does anybody know what exactly it is? And is there a way to get rid of it?

It's a code that was installed by the higher ups. Hehehehehe and it's hilarious.
    "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Okay. I have a bad history with things like that, so maybe that's why I don't like it.
      I've seen viruses kill my computer a few times too many, really.

Thanks for the reply though, and I think that pretty much answers my question.
      This thread serves no purpose anymore, can someone lock it?

Comment

when you get bored, you can reply with "meow"s :3

i've done it a few times, that how little of a life i have ._.
        How many times can you die a day~?
        How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

I didn't even try replying, I was too busy trying to find out how to kill it.
          All my bookmarks and stuff... gone (T.T)

I'm probably too paranoid... but at least I haven't seen a virus in ages.

Comment

And then a virus attacks ^

I don't even have a firewall, I couldn't care less about viruses XD If they come, I'll kill em' simple as that.

Comment

When I just started using a computer, I thought so too, but I lost two consecutive computers to viruses.
              Both were 5~6 years old when they broke down, and had to be replaced anyway, but it never is fun.

I did have a firewall, and I tried multiple anti-virus softwares, but the viruses had already spread through my computer. The computer was pretty much dead already.

Since then, I have seen a few viruses, but luckily they were deleted without any consequences. But I might just have gotten lucky those times.

There is a proverb in Dutch: "Voorkomen is beter dan genezen." I think the English equivalent was "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
              It usually helps in cases like this.

Comment

It's this account: http://yukkuricraft.net/member.php?7...t-Profile-Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Nazrin View Post
                  Nah; Remi put it in the bottom of the index.php (I think?). It only shows if the user signature shows.
                  My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                  Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

...You could have just hit the [x] in the upper right corner of the window... xD;;

Comment

Besides, who wouldn't want to find adult cats near their location?

(=^°w°^=)
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

The only problem with the x out of it is that it leaves a white blank where it was. Perhaps if there was a way to lock it to one part of the main page so it's still there but out of the way...?

Comment

...Really? It disappeared fine for me whenever I hit the x myself

Comment

Might be the different web browsers handle it differently?
                            ....call me absolutely crazy but I use IE. so that might be it...

Oh and did you disable it now? Or am I going insane?

Comment

THE DREAMS ARE COLLAPSING!

*BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOONG*

Comment

Working...
                              X