X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea: Elder Event

I've had this Idea brewing in my mind since becoming an elder: what if the elders came together to create an event for everyone senior and below to compete, win prizes, and enjoy.

Here's how it would work:
    1. Elders would come together once a month (week?) and discuss an event idea
    2. Elders would build the area for the event whether it may be an arena or other project in either creative flats or survival
    3. They would also have a "pot" where they throw items into a chest and the winner of the event would get the pot

It would be fun for newbies and veterans alike.
    What do you guys think? I think it would be awesome if we came together to do this.

"You don't like AriZona? Kill yourself."
    Keychain to Snowman

You are the first elder I would consider hugging in real life.

Sounds like a fun idea (and im a senior yo)
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

I would agree to this idea. IT would be nice thing to bring the community together to some fun.
      sigpic

Comment

No work from me and an event? I'm in love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
          No work from me and an event? I'm in love.

You lazy fool.
          Do some work for once.

Comment

Well, the server is still alive

Comment

I'd love it if it actually would work. The problem I see is that people can normally plan these events somewhat find. Executing them is something completely different tough. Me personally have a few ideas on bringing more events to the community, but there is also the problem of participants. You know how many people was actually in The Great Gensokyo Boat Race? Something like 5 I think. Something I really feel like will be needed to be done is to bring in more than just the people that stay on mumble.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                Well, the server is still alive
                Touche~
                Wait did I use that right?

Comment

I'ma add to what Katrix said

tbh

the only way I see ANY sort of execution of getting events to work is...

through in game announcements.

That "666 Announcement" dialogue that pops up when Tenko or whoever is tinkering in the right of the screen

Give like...a week...
                  and have that announcement dialogue pop up somewhere that IS NOT the chat box.

people will pay attention to it moreso than if it's an in the chat box thing.

Since the forums...
                  the only real people here that are active e'ery day consistently and are posting consistently are the RPers...

So trying to announce things here are...pointless if you want to get to the people playing on the server itself.

Mumble...
                  You have to be there in the right room at the right time...
                  let's face it: that's NOT effective...

The only logical way of getting people to realize there's an event is through the game itself.
                  and NOT through a chat box announcement...like the way it cycles through saying "We have a mumble/ steam group/ forums/ etc."
                  People will just disregard that because its...a chat box.

chat will push out any announcement faster than anything so it's pointless to try it that way.

A separate announcement dialogue pop-up that consistently pops up every day when a person logs in would be the most efficient way of doing it.

Comment

Except people do check the forums everyday. Just not everyone posts new threads every day so usually it's just to check for new content.

Comment

And how many of those regulars are players on the server?

if EVERYONE that plays on the server actually do check the forums...
                      then it's simply keeping on top of the announcement thing here which...
                      ...is still showing that thanksgiving event which is the winter event...

I'm serious...the only sure fire way of guaranteeing that people will see the announcement and actually talk about it and thus participate
                      is if it's announced in game and then having a link to the forum thread in game.

Since it's fact that you're trying to get people that play on the server to participate
                      And it is a known fact that not everyone on the forums play on the server and vice versa
                      And it is a fact that the only way people would know of the event through mumble is if they are in the room of the announcement and at the time of the announcement
                      And it is a fact that not everyone that plays on the server do regularly go onto mumble

BUT
                      It is a fact that the people that DO play on the server...do play on the server *duh*

Therefore
                      the most effective way to communicate to people that do play on the server is to
                      *drumroll please*
                      have a continuous announcement that functions as a first time log in message that is not a part of the chat box that either a) requires user input to close. (doubt this is possible) or b) disappears for the right side after a few minutes and pops up again every other hour or so...

Comment

Working...
                      X