X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea: Futher Implementation of the BOSEconomy plugin

So today I learned that the server runs BOSEconomy which took me by surprise because I used to play on the server that created the plugin. However what surprised me the most is that it was only functioning as a means to just buy things from the black market

What is BOSE?
    What is BOSEconomy you may ask? Well to put things simple it is a plugin that adds a "currency" to the server as well as an economy. Usually how it works is players are given wages every hour depending on their bracket (ie. peasants would get $100/hr Knights would get $250/hr, ect) players could then use this money to buy, materials, land, and in some cases labor. With other features such as banks, taxes and stats It's one of the best economy plugins for Bukkit to date and I can attest to its greatness (i was with BoS for 2+ years before moving to Yukkuri). Here is a link to the bukkit page for those who want to know more http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/boseconomy/

How it could be beneficial to the server
    Currently BOSE is only used to sell stone to the black market to buy stuff you can't usually get or is incredibly rare, this is a great idea but you could further the use of the plugin by using some of its other functions. One of my ideas is to create brackets for the different ranks on the server like when you start as a child you can get $100/hr and then when your rank up to adult you can get say $250/hr; this will encourage to players to put more hours in as well as give more meaning to ranks rather than just a title. So now you have people getting money but what can they do with this? Well they could buy from chest shops people set up in kagome and towns, this lets players sell items without having to be there. If you wanted to you can take it one step further and give towns banks to store money in so they can sell land if they wanted to.

I think this would be a great update to the awesome server we have now as well further the development of our community as a whole

"You don't like AriZona? Kill yourself."
    Keychain to Snowman

I like the idea of being able to set up chest shops. I am not sure about hourly wages but an underlying economic system is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
    X