Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic, Non-lethal WorldEdit for Adults (maybe) and Elders in Creative.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic, Non-lethal WorldEdit for Adults (maybe) and Elders in Creative.

I'm wondering if this is a stupid idea (I mean, c'mon. It's WorldEdit.) Anyways...

I purpose basic, non-lethal WE commands for Adults (maybe) and Elders only in Creative.

Non-Lethal being not being able to actually modify the world, just give information or to move around. Commands like:

Everything under "Selection" (this includes //wand)
    Maybe the /info tool?
    Everything under "Getting Around"
    Maybe using a Compass to move around?

I looked through this: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Reference

and saw that those were non-lethal commands that would help with building.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

It's definitely worth a thought. I'm not sure how selections will help other than for helping count length and the like, though again I see no harm so I have no immediate oppositions against granting it. Perms going to either elders only or adult and up is worth debate, however. I'll get back to you on this. (You can nag me on mc to make sure I'm not forgetting, though)

Comment

It's worth considering in order to enhance the experience of the players. But it may or may not work.

Comment

So after thinking about it (while sick and not going to school) I'm thinking that maybe some perms can go to adults and the rest to elders. Sort of like this:

Adult
        • Teleport command but NOT with the compass.
        • Thru perms but NOT with the compass

Elder
        • ALL "Getting Around" perms
        • Selection perms (I guess you could count blocks and stuff much easier with this.)

That's just a preliminary/draft list.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
          So after thinking about it (while sick and not going to school) I'm thinking that maybe some perms can go to adults and the rest to elders. Sort of like this:

Adult
          • Teleport command but NOT with the compass.
          • Thru perms but NOT with the compass

Elder
          • ALL "Getting Around" perms
          • Selection perms (I guess you could count blocks and stuff much easier with this.)

That's just a preliminary/draft list.
          What "teleport" command? I don't see any. If you're talking about the /descend/ascend command, I suggest that you don't allow the /up command because you know there's going to be one idiot that does "/up 2371973123729187389123" and ends up either A: crashing the server or B: corrupting his player save.

Maybe even /mask, because you may not want to count some blocks in an area. I don't know, though.
          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X