X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobs: Y U SO FAST?!?!?!

I've noticed recently that the mobs in survival are abnormally fast (movement and attack speed). It's getting in the way of my building projects. Are they supposed to be like this now?

@Kuro
    It's a plugin. If you have killed a lot of mobs without dieing, the mobs do get progressively faster and more dangerous. This means that you get zombies that run like Scouts and creepers that act like torpedos. It's fine when you are heavily armoured and have enchanted gear. But when you have barely any, it quickly becomes an absolute nightmare.
    It was implemented on the survival reset in January.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I know, but I've been killed by them a few times recently. Is the change permanent?

Comment

@Kuro
        Either there are bugs revolving around the plugin or it works in different ways (like levels = difficulty).
        Ask Remi or Tenshi about it.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

...they gotta go faster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0

Comment

Seriously, Mobs are getting rediculously OP. Everyone is noticing. I thing This should be seriously looked into.

Last time I checked we don't have any mods that modify mob difficulty. It should be set to normal.
            Last edited by Shimitty; 04-16-2014, 07:14 PM.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

I think is because of the new feature in MC; dynamic region-based difficulty.
              The more you stay in an area, the more progressively difficult it becomes.
              My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
              Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                I think is because of the new feature in MC; dynamic region-based difficulty.
                The more you stay in an area, the more progressively difficult it becomes.
                Yeah, that has been implemented. So with that and the combination of a plug-in, its changed how difficult mobs are.
                sigpic

Comment

I can't find the plugin in the plugin list. I think this might be all vanilla.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's vanilla behavior, and by all means I think it's fine. It makes survival more "survival". And in the cases of building project, I've experienced that myself, which is why I no longer build at night, unless the area I'm building in is fenced. It slows down construction projects, but it does make nights more challenging.

Comment

The thing is that these things are ABNORMALLY fast. and the change wasn't gradual either. Mobs just suddenly were 10% more difficult to fight and are spawning like crazy. There is definitely something wrong.

This isn't a local area thing. This is global.
                      Last edited by Shimitty; 04-17-2014, 03:59 PM.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

I kinda like it though, the fact that the mobs do not give us a break. Bring it!
                        You know, if you know me.
                        The sun, the world, the universe.

Comment

Faster-than-usual mobs + my terrible internet connection = freakin' teleporting zombies

Comment

I agree with Eashiftzr1. I like it because it adds to the difficulty of actual survival.

Seriously, beforehand, I could walk around with nothing but iron swords and be fine. Armor was unnecessary for me. Now I have to either take cover during the nights or be ready for war. (Although, the speed is stupid when it gets at around a 500% speed increase.)

And just a note: If you're building at night, harder mobs or not, you'll have them coming for you. Like Kritter said, either fence the area off or stop building at night. So many solutions to a problem hardly worth mentioning (Again, except for the speed. I assume someone at Mojang accidently added a 0 to the speed addition.)
                            w-what is this autism aura??
                            if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                            our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by DeadAce View Post
                              Faster-than-usual mobs + my terrible internet connection = freakin' teleporting zombies
                              This is why survival is hardly an option with bad internet connection. Stick to indoors and daytime, be a not-vampire.
                              w-what is this autism aura??
                              if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                              our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Working...
                              X