X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no mods or major plugins?

The title explains it all. Why does the server not use mods like the Touhou Items Mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...d-version-265/ or plugins like the TouhouSnowballs http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/touhousnowballs/ plugin? It would be really, really cool.

We do not have mods because we want everyone to be able to join our server without any hassle (except for downgrading Minecraft). As awesome as mods are, they will never be added to Yukkuricraft.

As for the TouhouSnowball, I'm not sure if Tenshi and such have even tried it but I'm not sure if it will be added. I know that danmaku plugins have been attempted and used in the past but I'm not sure if any will be used in the future.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Touhou items first of all doesn't even support bukkit/spigot so we literally cannot add it even if we wanted to. We're looking at some alternatives but I have finals coming up soon and I'm overall busy irl so I haven't had much time over the past couple of months to look into new plugins.

Touhou snowballs, it hasn't been updated since 1.5 which is... a while ago. We had it for a while but the errors and bugs that were happening due to it being outdated became so ridiculously over the top and cumbersome that I just removed it when we updated to 1.7. I don't even know if it will load on a 1.7 server anymore.

That said, our policy is that we won't add any modifications to the server that will cause vanilla minecraft clients to not connect. That means no spoutcraft. Nothing from FTB. No Forge server mods. If the plugin/mod requires the client (you) to install anything on your minecraft, we're not adding it. The hassle with needing mods to join a server is just too large for a public server like this. We do occasionally host small side-servers with modpacks such as FTB but they aren't for Gensokyo or the like.

On the other hand, with the advent of something along the lines of a mod api, this might (hopefully) change in the future. Should the mod api (plugin api, they call it) does what people speculate it will do, it will allow the client (program) to automagically download anything required to join the server. If this were to ever happen, we'd be all up for adding on great plugins and mods to the server. Basically, we don't want to cause the user any hassle with installation so as long as the client program does it for you, we're okay with it.

Unfortunately, as things stand now, the client doesn't do that so we'll have to wait for the day it does.
      Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 04-30-2014, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Cuz Tenko
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
          Cuz Tenko
          Grr, Tenko. Eh. So what were the TouhouSnowballs bugs?

Comment

It hasn't been updated since 1.5

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Why no mods or major plugins?

Thank you shim, I already said that.

Basically console becomes unreadable with the amount of spam of errors it spits out, buggy, some of the shotpatterns didn't work iirc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                Touhou items first of all doesn't even support bukkit/spigot so we literally cannot add it even if we wanted to. We're looking at some alternatives but I have finals coming up soon and I'm overall busy irl so I haven't had much time over the past couple of months to look into new plugins.

Touhou snowballs, it hasn't been updated since 1.5 which is... a while ago. We had it for a while but the errors and bugs that were happening due to it being outdated became so ridiculously over the top and cumbersome that I just removed it when we updated to 1.7. I don't even know if it will load on a 1.7 server anymore.

That said, our policy is that we won't add any modifications to the server that will cause vanilla minecraft clients to not connect. That means no spigot. Nothing from FTB. No Forge server mods. If the plugin/mod requires the client (you) to install anything on your minecraft, we're not adding it. The hassle with needing mods to join a server is just too large for a public server like this. We do occasionally host small side-servers with modpacks such as FTB but they aren't for Gensokyo or the like.

On the other hand, with the advent of something along the lines of a mod api, this might (hopefully) change in the future. Should the mod api (plugin api, they call it) does what people speculate it will do, it will allow the client (program) to automagically download anything required to join the server. If this were to ever happen, we'd be all up for adding on great plugins and mods to the server. Basically, we don't want to cause the user any hassle with installation so as long as the client program does it for you, we're okay with it.

Unfortunately, as things stand now, the client doesn't do that so we'll have to wait for the day it does.
                >no spigot
                uh what.

anyways, yeah, to re-iterate, the item mod is completely client-side; even if I were to rig the two up (the mod and server) together, it would require everyone to have that mod.

I don't see the modding API coming out any time soon; I mean, they took down the Workbench source code and the preview site (dev.minecraft.net, if I recall)
                My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Touhou items doesn't have a spigot-compatible server version.

Comment

Touhou items doesn't have a spigot-compatible server version.
                    That said, our policy is that we won't add any modifications to the server that will cause vanilla minecraft clients to not connect. That means no spigot.
                    That's what I was reffering to.
                    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                      >no spigot
                      uh what.
                      :short:

Comment

Working...
                      X