X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou minigame themes

I've been looking at the Minigames lately and noticed two things: first, nobody ever plays them, and two, they have nothing to do with Touhou. It should change. For example, Paintball could feature Touhou-themed weapons, and have Gensokyo locations as arenas. I know that the lack of players makes it somewhat low-priority, but it'd be cool.

Touhou minigame themes

All the maps are in Gensokyo, though ^^;;

For paintball, the maps are in the Human Village, Makai, Hakurei Shrine, Forest of Magic, Mayohiga, etc. Zombies is in the Scarlet Devil Mansion
    As for touhou themed weapons, I'm legally not allowed to change them as the plugin devs for paintball have a EULA that basically says "do not edit". Also they have all rights reserved as opposed to one of the other freedom-centered licenses like the MIT License.

As for weapons in Zombies... Well, it's a bit hard to come up with a large number of touhou-themed weapons with stats that make sense. (Eg, can we all reliably agree on whether Cirno's icicles or Kyouko's voice is stronger? I don't even know anything about Kyouko.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 04-30-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

You know, stuff like shooting arrows or some other projectile with a Gohei (stick,) shooting a barrage of projectiles with a Mini-Hakkero (cauldron,) or tossing Sakuya's knives (arrows that are thrown.)

Comment

That's three. Now the other 25 weapons? What I'm trying to say is that there's isn't nearly enough items and touhou canon "attacks" to have a large variety. Aside from that, there's also the fact that the plugin that we're using, which I don't even know if we're allowed to modify, will need a large overhaul with the front-end which I don't know if any of us have the time to do. Our plugin dev is already busy as-is with plenty of other projects we've given him. Also, the benefit of using pre-existing weaponry like guns is that people can generally classify weapons and their characteristics. We all know what a rifle is and how it fires. We all know what a submachine gun is how that fires. We all know what a sniper is and that's it's slow as balls. We all know what a shotgun is and that it's OP at close quarters. Etc. There's a pre-established base of knowledge that we can work with that makes understanding the game easier.

Also the gamemode is modeled after CoD's Nazi Zombies gamemode so trying to stick to that is... well, logical.

Comment

Yes, but at the same time as canon "attacks" being low, it can also draw fanon/loose canon inspiration, i.e. exploding dolls, Spear the Gungnir, Lævateinn, Hisou no Tsurugi, Jewel from the Dragon's Neck, but whatever. Besides, the Guns plugin is modular and easy to make new weapons with, so it'd most likely work.

Comment

Working...
          X