Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Suggestion] For the Darkest of Markets...

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Suggestion] For the Darkest of Markets...

Hello, its your friendly Survival Princess and Adventuring Guild Proprietor! Kaguya!

I would like to propose changes to the Black Market.

I enjoy the current system, because it allows for the use of blocks we usually don't have access to. However, as the owner of an adventuring guild I know shady places need to be.......shadier, so to speak. Also, I want to suggest a few items for sale on the Black Market. The gravity of this suggestion may or may not come into question at the advent of 1.8 Update, if it ever comes.

Regardless, I'd like to begin working on a slightly blacker, black market (I'll do this in my own time, unless someone is particularly attatched to the current one's design, in which case post here!) and propose the addition of Full Wood Logs (Wood log texture on all faces.) Seeing as wood logs are a primary tool for making house and room frames, amoung other design intrests, I think this would be really well accepted by the whole community, if its possible (I dont know our limits!)

Are there other blocks that you know of in minecraft that are really hard to get, in low quantity, or have a limited quantity in the over-world? (DIRT IS A FINITE RESOURCE, OMG!!!!)

Post suggestions for such here
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

I have a suggestion. In the MON exchange, make it so that 1 Emerald Ore = 1 MON, it would make life easier.
    Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
    rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

I forgot who designed the current market, but it was originally meant to be a thieve's guild.

Comment

How about blocks that are not normally obtainable such as mushroom blocks or dual half slabs

Comment

@Nuclear

Mushroom blocks are perfectly obtainable.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

For the all-sided logs, that isn't possible, because even if a player is given a log with the ID of a all-sided log, a log's texture is always based on how you place it, and all-sided logs can only be made by editing a blocks ID to the same ID, or using tools like WE and voxel.
            sigpic

Comment

Also, now that we're talking about what's sold at the black market, I believe I read somewhere that 1.8 would make mossy cobble and mossy stone bricks (maybe cracked and chiseled too? dunno for sure) craftable (mossy would be the cobble/stone brick + vines).
              So if this is the case, then they could probably be taken out of the black market.
              Again, I'm not sure on this, but wanted to share it cuz why not. =P
              Originally posted by Mogeko
              Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
              Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

We'll be editing the market for 1.8 anyway so expect all obtainable blocks to be removed.

Alay, feel free to make a new market. Just make the area similar in size, but don't worry about specifics. As long as it has the same general feel in terms of size. Go crazy with the design itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same size? You mean I cant make an SDM under Kagome? Geez you're no fun...
                  I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                    Also, now that we're talking about what's sold at the black market, I believe I read somewhere that 1.8 would make mossy cobble and mossy stone bricks (maybe cracked and chiseled too? dunno for sure) craftable (mossy would be the cobble/stone brick + vines).
                    So if this is the case, then they could probably be taken out of the black market.
                    Again, I'm not sure on this, but wanted to share it cuz why not. =P
                    Can confirm cracked. Obtained by smelting uncracked. Not certain about chiseled. However, 1.8 does seem to be set on making a lot of currently rare blocks easier to get.

While it's technically obtainable, I'd suggest that the mechanics around Sea Lanterns will make them effectively a diminishing resource when they come out. The in-world blocks will drop less of the materials that make them than goes into them unless good luck with Fortune happens, and the only other way to get one of those materials is a sub-boss mob which, so far as I know, does not respawn, and only offers a single piece...that as a rare drop.

Comment

I'll just note that before we do make the transition to 1.8, I'll probably post an official thread regarding the specifics about black market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X