Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specific Confusion ~ A Request Already Solved?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this may be kind of stupid because it may have already been covered, but I couldn't find anything relating to it.

I saw that there is a long list of plugins being used for the server. But which one(s) are being used to make Minecraft look like it did in the
    YukkuriCraft video on YouTube which was over an hour long? (i.e. realistic/looking water, solid-yellow nuclear core)
    Last edited by WeatherOreKnot; 09-19-2014, 01:12 PM. Reason: weird repositioning of words

That would be shaders.
    I think it was...A shader pack called...
    ZEUS? Or something that rhymes with zeus...
    Faulty memory at work here...

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-19-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ed-by-karyonix
      http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...-shaders-v10-1
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by WeatherOreKnot View Post
        Well, this may be kind of stupid because it may have already been covered, but I couldn't find anything relating to it.

I saw that there is a long list of plugins being used for the server. But which one(s) are being used to make Minecraft look like it did in the
        YukkuriCraft video on YouTube which was over an hour long? (i.e. realistic/looking water, solid-yellow nuclear core)
        This has been covered in the past. Once in a semi-recent post on a thread and maybe a few other times.

The lighting effects that you see in the Yukkuricraft video (Remi's, that is) are not due to the server or any of its plugins but due to a mod installed on Remi's Minecraft instance. The mod in particular is a shader mod for Minecraft. One that adds a variety of (somewhat customisable) visual effects to Minecraft including swaying leaves, bloom lighting, and realistic water.

Consult Remi, Katrix, or any other active shader users for the exact details. I don't use the mod nor do I have the hardware to run it.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

So SEUS is from 1.7.5 but is still compatible with 1.7.10? Sweet!

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
          This has been covered in the past. Once in a semi-recent post on a thread and maybe a few other times.

The lighting effects that you see in the Yukkuricraft video (Remi's, that is) are not due to the server or any of its plugins but due to a mod installed on Remi's Minecraft instance. The mod in particular is a shader mod for Minecraft. One that adds a variety of (somewhat customisable) visual effects to Minecraft including swaying leaves, bloom lighting, and realistic water.

Consult Remi, Katrix, or any other active shader users for the exact details. I don't use the mod nor do I have the hardware to run it.
          Oh, I thought plugins were being referred to as if they were mods, the same as the Mojang staff do.
          How do I consult a specific user on here anyway?
          Last edited by Katrix; 09-19-2014, 02:56 PM. Reason: Please edit your posts instead of posting new ones

Comment

Originally posted by WeatherOreKnot
            Oh, I thought plugins were being referred to as if they were mods, the same as the Mojang staff do.
            I hate the term plugin when used to refer to mods (just as I am equally distrusting of the upcoming mod API). For modifications that completely change one's Minecraft instance (like a mod that adds the ability to travel to space or make lasers), I refer to those as mods. For modifications to a server that do not affect one's Minecraft instance (like Yukkuricraft's /call and /bring teleportation system), I refer to those as plugins.

Originally posted by WeatherOreKnot
            How do I consult a specific user on here anyway?
            When contacting someone, you can either PM (private message) them on these forums, leave them a message on their profile page, or use any alternative contact method like Mumble, Skype, or IRC. How one may message a person varies on the context.

For forum messaging, you can do either the following:
            • Click a user's name in a forum post and then click the respective option ("Private Message" for a PM or "Visit Profile" for a vistor message) in order to message them.
            • Add a specific user to your contacts and/or friends list in the forums and then click "Community" near the top of the page followed by "Friends and Contacts". From there, you can message any of your friends and contacts.
            • Head to your "Settings" page. And click "Send New Message" on the left-hand side of the screen.

Try it out with me, if you want.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@WeatherOreKnot

Please edit your posts instead of double posting

@TRXD

If that is your definition then there aren't any clear distinction anymore. Mods are becoming more and more like plugins. For example, there doesn't exists a thing called "coremod" in forge anymore, which would be a good definition of a real modification to the game. At this point most "mods" are to my knowledge loaded like plugins are loaded.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

I'm pretty sure remi also left a link to the shaders in the video description.

Comment

Working...
                X