X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED]Mumble Channel

What is it you are suggesting? Explain this in detail, please.

A proper Mumble channel, there no singing, no humming, no whistling, Push to talk only, no screaming, no sudden loud noises, etc. I think you get the point.

Is it beneficial for everyone? If not, give an argument for bringing it in.
    Yes, We can have conversation without people talking over each other, and we dont need to listen to peoples background when they go AFK/BRB, we dont need to listen to horrible singing and humming. We dont need to get a headache, and other cool stuff that would be good to actually have as a standard.

Especially since the quality of the server is only 96kbps, which making it even worse when some people do these stuff, and even worse if they have a bad microphone.
    and that you can not increase or decrease people individually in Mumble, making some people overpower other people 10x over.

Could it be actually be used for something? If so, explain how.
    Proper conversations.

In other words, I want a channel there people actually respect eachother.
    Last edited by Sodamachine; 02-13-2013, 02:42 AM.
    I pretend I scorerun games.

A proper Mumble channel, there no singing,
    Not like you're singling out anyone here hmm...
    I can listen to 10 people a once, but unfortunately you are the 11th. Sucks to be you

Comment

-snip-
      Last edited by MuffinPimp; 02-16-2015, 03:38 AM.
      All I can say
      Is that my life is pretty plain
      You don't like my point of view
      You think that I'm insane
      It's not sane... it's not sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyosatomimi_No_Miko View Post
        Not like you're singling out anyone here hmm...
        I can tell you that I have heard several people sing/humming several time.
        and I cant give all names, because I dont recognize all voices yet.

Comment

There are multiple rooms for that exact reason, Soda...

Comment

Give me an example, because I cant see any, atleast not one that people respect.

Comment

Quieter room. Other three mini rooms are general purpose. Regardless of what you label a channel, no one's going to go, "Oh, it's the x room. Better follow those rules"

People are just going to socialize and do whatnot. People are going to move as a group. Make the "shush room" and if three people move over, the rest are just going to follow and do exactly what they were doing. Just move out of the channel.

Comment

Push to talk only
                I support this part. Every other part is pretty much just something you have to deal with. I'm not good with loud noises either, but that's why my volume is usually really low.
                Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Just looking through the server suggestion section, but I'd note that I recently added a text-only room to the regular mumble server. It's not exactly what Soda was talking about, but it does force quit time. The room is called something like "No Talk Room"

Quite room still exists for its appropriate purpose.

Comment

Working...
                  X