X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posible Authentification Problem

So I've been locked out of mumble all day, and when I try to add the server back in, it won't let me back in on account of a certificate error, and when i go back to the list of servers, its gone as if I never added it in the first place-and a bunch of other servers from other places are there (even though YC is the only one i've added). I've tried downgrading to 1.2.8 instead of 1.2.10, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I still get the same error;

Is this a problem on my side? What can I do to fix it?

im not a cool person

From the looks of things, it seems like your current mumble certificate is corrupt or is no longer accepted on our mumble server (That or there's another user using the exact same certificate as you and the server is kicking you for "still actually being on").
    What I'd recommend is to simply generate a new certificate through 'Configure' > 'Certificate Wizard' and create a new certificate to replace the old one, then join the server under a different name (something recognisable like purp). It will mean that, for a while, you won't be able to use the purpleFinatic name but it'll at least get you back in. Just speak to an admin or a mod (not me though as I still have 0 power in mumble) to authenticate you and see to getting your name back. If you want to get your original name back, that is.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

It doesn't seem like it's working. I'll try a few more times, and by the way, would there even be a way to recover my old name?

EDIT: yup its not working at all
      Last edited by purpleFinatic; 07-14-2015, 06:33 PM. Reason: Status update

im not a cool person

Comment

@purp
        Shame... Not quite sure as to what to do then.
        As for the whole name shebang with your name, a mod or admin can simply unauthenticate the old purp and then restore your old name. If you've ever seen some of the shenanigans that have happened, it's more than possible to recover your old name when the time comes.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

I seem to have forgotten to include the actual error that keeps on popping up, as well-

Even after changing certificates and names multiple times, I still get that error. Clicking yes just makes the same error pop up again, until finally, mumble tells me that the server itself closed the connection. Then again, I'm not entirely sure if I'm changing the certificates correctly- instructions would be helpful.

im not a cool person

Comment

Well, after attempting to uninstall and reinstall mumble, it just shows as a blue square now

So on top of trying to fix the certificate issue, I need to fix this, as well. Any tips?

Edit: turns out, my dad was screwing with mumble and caused the menus to poof- I got that fixed now
            Last edited by purpleFinatic; 07-14-2015, 09:27 PM.

im not a cool person

Comment

God damn it, purp's dad.

Comment

i fixed it all finally
                im just so done im so mad at myself
                im really sorry to those i pissed off (primarily katrix)
                im just gonna stick to myself for the rest of the night to cool off
                its been a really weird day for me

im not a cool person

Comment

Working...
                X