X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Users on RP

Ironic that the guy who implements the changes is posting in the suggestions section but I figured this is most appropriate.

I was wondering to what extent the server wanted RPing. I know kilel has expressed interest in an RP section on the forums (I just remember that, ewps) and several users have been working on an RP section of the server itself.

Depending on the interest level and overall desires of the server, I could add several plugins that would be enabled only in a pre-designated "RP world" so to speak. I could add varying game mechanics through plugins such as damage modifiers, customized mobs(granted, with default skins), varying "effects" (through potions)(One interesting plugin I saw mimic'd Amnesia's "insanity" mechanic where if you stayed in the dark for too long, you would get varying degrees of negative effects and ultimately end in your being raped by spawned mobs)

I could do quite a bit as far as RP mechanics go, but only if you guys want to. I'm just putting the possibility and idea out here.

Make a separate RP chat in the world so that the normal chat isn't spammed.

Comment

I've been involved in a multitude of RP communities. I can't just stop RPing, as it's practically become a part of who I am. I agree with Jaeyjay that a separate RP chat would be nice. Last night taught me that it's hard to separate RP chat from regular chat, and quite frankly, I'm willing to believe people wouldn't want RP chat when they're mining away. I firmly support RP on the server, but maybe some nicknames as well?

Comment

wait is this rp youre talking is more going of rpg pokemon battle thing?
        or more be part of the touhou skin we are using
        if is like that im in ages ahead of people
        aahhh miko sama...

Comment

I was thinking more of immersion type game mechanics but I can definitely look into an extra chat for RPing purposes. Also, I might be able to pull off nicknames in RP chat but keeping it to the RP chat only. I'll have to double check for the plugins and whatnot, though. Keep the suggestions rolling!

Comment

RPing would be cool if there was a chatplugin so only people close to you could see your text you're writing
            I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

When it comes to RPing, there is Out of Character (OOC) and In Character (IC) chat. IC chat is what your character is saying, and OOC chat is what YOU are saying. This is going to mean that when Sakuya wants to cater to Remilia, Remilia and anyone around Sakuya in a given radius will be able to 'hear' her talking (This could be confined to buildings too. If you speak in the SDM, perhaps anyone in it will be able to hear). When you speak OOCly, everyone on the server will hear what you have to say.

So, yes, proximity speech is a good idea when it comes to RPing because some people may be in RP of their own and they don't want to know that Patchouli's 'Sophisticated Erotica' room has been raided again etc. if they're at one of the shrines.

Comment

A separated chat I can see as being useful, but a whole separated RP-world I think is not needed. When we do actually RP, it's usually within survival with trading, or as Touhou characters, so a separated RP world is not required.

Comment

I think for the time being, it's pretty unanimous that a separate chat will be beneficial regardless of what else we might implement for RP.

I'll start up another thread for a proposal for a new chat system.

Comment

If you do add an rp chat you should make the character limit longer. i noticed people having to do one thing in multiple posts so that would be helpful.

Comment

I don't think character limit is possible to increase. The actual limiting of typing is done sclient side and i think things go boom when player chats exceed... Uh, 255 chars I think. I can look into it once i get home, though.

Edit: and for those interested, I posted the new chat sustem proposal in the server suggestion section. (The section this thread is in)

Comment

People have been roleplaying all dang day today. Please make it so I don't have to hear it. >_>

Comment

Looks like I missed quite a bit...

Comment

Working...
                          X