X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discord Problems

Considering we had a thread for mumble problems, it only seems fair(okay maybe mumble deserved it more).

Currently though the biggest issue I see for discord is the bot dying, and then we got no more text rooms. Perhaps we could have a backup bot that just serves to manage the text channels, and not all the extra fun stuff?

Originally posted by kuraiko View Post
    Currently though the biggest issue I see for discord is the bot dying, and then we got no more text rooms. Perhaps we could have a backup bot that just serves to manage the text channels, and not all the extra fun stuff?
    backup bot would be nice but every time i've seen the bot die, it's from command spam
    is fragile as fuck
    w-what is this autism aura??
    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
      backup bot would be nice but every time i've seen the bot die, it's from command spam
      is fragile as fuck
      Thus why the backup bot should only be handling necessary things such as text channels, and won't be focused on silly things such as hangman.

Comment

Text rooms can always be added on by the one who made the channel. I should know cause i made one myself and have quite a few text channels.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Originally posted by Zekai View Post
          Text rooms can always be added on by the one who made the channel. I should know cause i made one myself and have quite a few text channels.
          The difference is not seeing every single text room at any given time. The bot makes it so you only see the text room for the voice channel you're in.

Would you like me to get the screenshot Remi has of his view? He can see every text channel and it takes up the entire list.

..mememized

Comment

Idk how Remi has it all set up. Every time i go on, no one is really talking so yeah. I only see 4 text channels anyways so i figured thats all thats been made cause there's more people that prefer to chat with voice rather than text.
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Originally posted by Zekai View Post
              Idk how Remi has it all set up. Every time i go on, no one is really talking so yeah. I only see 4 text channels anyways so i figured thats all thats been made cause there's more people that prefer to chat with voice rather than text.
              Remi isn't the one that sets it up from what I know, that's Tenshi's job. Enter any voice channel while the bot is functioning properly and a respective text room should come into view at the bottom of the list.

..mememized

Comment

I know literally zero about discord bots lol. I considered porting an irc bot i manage to discord in golang but lol what is time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                  I know literally re:zero about discord bots lol. I considered porting an iirc bot i manage to discord in golang but lol what is time

Sent from my iLol using Tapalol
                  I think the only bot problem atm is just having one for fun and one dedicated to the voice-text channels.

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                    I know literally zero about discord bots lol. I considered porting an irc bot i manage to discord in golang but lol what is time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I wouldn't see a reason for having an IRC if we already have a discord. Isn't discord essentially an IRC already?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

ITT: People misinterpreting each other.

@Karu
                      Remi isn't suggesting to make an IRC for YC (not a good idea btw, despite how fond I am of IRC). He's suggesting to port a bot of his from IRC to Discord.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Discord Problems

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                        ITT: People misinterpreting each other.
                        I could probably make a much longer and much more detailed post to avoid any possible confusion or misinterpretation but I don't want to drop the great wall of china on this thread so I'll just summarize my point.

Read and consider the ENTIRE post before replying to it. This applies to everybody, ever. If you don't take the entire argument into consideration, you're doing nothing but making yourself look like an idiot and potentially starting unnecessary drama and if you know even a fraction of this server's history, we don't need any more unnecessary drama. Also, don't reply to this post unless absolutely necessary. I don't want this thread to derail over some simple advice that I've needed in the past and I know people will need now and any given time in the future.
                        argument is used here as "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong." and not used as "two people screaming at each other about how they should commit sudoku."

Remi Edit:

Since you kindly requested to not post new non-problem reporting posts. I'll just edit your post.

Chill the fuck out, dude. It was an honest mistake. No need to write a novel about it.

Teshno Edit:

Since edits can go unnoticed for potentially eternity, I'll also edit my post.

"Honest mistake" is something that needs to be pointed out and not immediately forgiven-and-forgotten. I've seen people develop full-blown wars over "honest mistakes" because they never learned from it. If my "novel" can stop at least one person from making an ass out of themselves for cherry-picking posts, I'd say it's worth it.
                        Last edited by Teshno; 02-05-2017, 04:56 AM.

..mememized

Comment

Working...
                        X